• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Our trip started so well, and then…

glenfiddich

TravelsWithBarley.com
Glenlivet and I left Vermont a day early to avoid a violent thunderstorm. It hit the following day while we were safe and dry staying with friends in Boonville NY. Next came two glorious days at Watkins Glen SP. From there to western PA to meet more friends, then to Full Circle Farm to be pampered by Lori.

Leaving Lori’s farm it went well for the first half. We largely ignored the GPS and used the I wonder where that road goes? plan. The drizzle started at Muskingum Lock and picked up as we reached Chesterhill OH. By the time we hit Ringold is was heavy, and by Glouster it was a torrent. We arrived at Hocking Hills to find our minuscule campsite muddy and sloped so much that everything in the tent slid downhill. Then another storm hit and the paved RV section above us sent a torrent of water our way. I had set up on the highest part of that tiny site, but the site was shaped like a funnel and the water was so forceful it swept some of our gear out of the vestibule

Screw that! I broke camp and retreated to a motel in Chillicothe. This morning the storms were down to a drizzle so off we went to our next stop. Georgetown KY was a planned soft bed and hot shower stop. All looked well. Then I heard a rotational “clack” sound that stopped as I was pulling over. The brake failure light came on. I saw nothing obvious in the pouring rain and my brakes still worked. Fluid levels were okay. So I pressed on the last ten miles to our hotel. We’re here in Georgetown KY. When Glenlivet wakes up we’ll go out and take a closer look; I suspect a sensor was clipped by something

image.jpg

Looks like the problem is solved. Back in my early service years a grizzled old chief preached that the first thing to do when something misbehaves is to clean it. He used much more colorful language but that was the jist of it. So I bought a can of neurotoxic brake cleaner and scrubbed the rotor and sensor

The warning went out!

NOw all I have to deal with are thunderstorms

If that nearest dealer to G Town is the combo HD/BMW
on the Ohio River… that’s an issue.
They sell well, but love just accepting appointments.
If you experience more problems, a better offering
Is Cape G. BMW in Mo SW of you.
Or, there’s a great BMW trained professional with a shop
In Louisville metro. Moto Aria.
Plus Nashville, though off route a little, another choice.

Good travels guys.

I got a speeding ticket in Watkins Glen on my way to the MOA rally in 2019. Good to hear you got a fix.

Back