• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Greetings from Durango CO

jakps

Hello all,

New member to the MOA but I've owned several BMW motorcycles over the years, a couple S1000R's and a S1000RR. I purchased my first GS last month and have been loving it so far. I still have my sport bikes and enjoy riding them but its great having the ability to randomly turn down a dirt road and explore.

Looking forward to learning more about adventure riding and hopefully meet some fellow riders down here is SW Colorado.

Greg

Welcome to the MOA and the forum, Greg! It does seem nice to have two different types of bikes in the garage!! When you have a chance, shows us what you got!

Welcome. We've been out Durango way several times but the best was late March 2021 when we noticed this lovely roadside attraction.
1-DSCF2762.JPG

Hello Cabnfvr and 20774,

Funny thing is I've ridden past that hundreds of times and have never stopped. To close to some of the best roads around but I should someday as its definitely unique!

Few pics of what I have in the garage these days...

20200412_16.jpg

20220423_154428.jpg

Hello all,

New member to the MOA but I've owned several BMW motorcycles over the years, a couple S1000R's and a S1000RR. I purchased my first GS last month and have been loving it so far. I still have my sport bikes and enjoy riding them but its great having the ability to randomly turn down a dirt road and explore.

Looking forward to learning more about adventure riding and hopefully meet some fellow riders down here is SW Colorado.

Greg

Welcome here.

Hey, there is a big GS party in Dolores coming up in late July, the GS Giants annual fling. It’s a great place to meet adventure riders from your area and around the country.

i-nqSbSND-X3.jpg

i-SqXwTrQ-X2.jpg

i-4JRWZRt-X2.jpg

Last edited:
Hello all,

Greg

I'm in Durango July 1st. There's supposed to be a nice stream/pool for swimming about 10 miles N of Durango center. Any idea what the place is called? I think it's going to be a great place to cool off while staying in Durango.

Thanks, oh, and any other cool things to do/see in Durango. We'll be there from about noon on until we head up the 550 the next morning.

I'm in Durango July 1st. There's supposed to be a nice stream/pool for swimming about 10 miles N of Durango center. Any idea what the place is called? I think it's going to be a great place to cool off while staying in Durango.

Thanks, oh, and any other cool things to do/see in Durango. We'll be there from about noon on until we head up the 550 the next morning.

Sounds like the hot springs for sure. I havent been but I know they sell day passes.

The classic things to do are the Durango & Silverton narrow gauge train or kayaking, rafting on the Animas river. If you dont want to get wet their is a nice series of trails along the river for walking, biking. If you dont have time for the train you can grab a beer at the 11th St. Station. Cool place to hang out when the train comes back at 6'ish.

Thanks! I'll definitely put this on my calendar and will plan to check it out. Dolores is a great place to stay to explore the area.

See my edit, the event is actually the last few days of July. You’ll have a BIG time for sure!

Welcome from Newfoundland. I think the last time I was in Durango was about '92 for a visit to Yeti cycles. I had one of the bikes build before they left California.

This might be the place, Bakers Bridge. Its 14 miles north of Durango on 250, off of 550.

Back