• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Valuation for 1958 R26 - Now SOLD!

mototraveler

AVID MotoTours
I have owned this original condition (ran great 3 years ago) matching #s 1958 R26 for around 30 years. My husband has passed and I hate to see the bike gathering dust in the garage. I don't work on my bikes so I'm considering selling it to a better home. Can anyone give me a current valuation range for this bike?
1958R26-sm.jpg1958R26-sm-2.jpg

Very nice looking, and well preserved bike! I found a price of around $5000 online somewhere. I looked at NADA and saw where a good bike was about $5400 and a very good bike was $9300. So, I'd guess trying or starting closer at the very good price and see how things go. I suspect you have maintenance records so that should be a plus.

Looks Like a Trophy Bike, Ms Moto!

Maybe start with a post on the MOA Marketplace; like accepting Best Offers and see what you’re proffered...
http://marketplace.bmwmoa.org/classified/antique-vintage-browse-100.aspx

Here’s another Alternative:
https://bringatrailer.com/motorcycles/
Folks watching this site have deep pockets, and most likely a trailer to drive to Washington state! :brow

I’d love such a terrific collectable, but the Tenn River valley is pretty far from U [and I don’t own a trailer or truck]....

Good Luck!
Happy Trails whenever U can - Ciao!
HSV-Karen & HSV-Phil
USN-Ret'd —--&-— USAF-Ret’d

'09 650GS-twin —- '14 K-GT
'82 R100CS —-—— '75 R90S
’08 CRF230L —--— ’09 KLX250S
'16 R1200RS —-— ’05 Vespa 200L
la Secretary - and - el President@bmwmoal.org
:beer

1958 R26 sold!

The R26 has found a new owner. I am very happy to say that without any effort on my part a friend of a friend has purchased the R26 that has been in my possession for over 30 years. He lives near me so there will be no need to ship it. He paid the price I was asking with no dickering...$10,000. It will continue to be housed in my garage until his man in town picks it up to work on replacing rubber parts and getting it running again. Then it will be the centerpiece of the new owner's man cave. I believe it will be much cherished and well cared for there and he said to come over any time to take it for a ride. How nice!

Back