• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

No reservations @ Lake Carmi State Park?

I thought the blind man picked up his hammer and saw!

n1hnr941 said:
I see says the blind man to his deaf wife. I was wondering why BMW set it up way up there when everyone wants to be near the action. :drink :kiss :hungover

Hint: It isn''t BMW - it's the BMW MOA holding the rally. :)

I just stayed the Memorial Day weekend at Lake Carmi (car-my) State Park.
Here are the coordinates: N 44 57.206 W072 51.748

I just reread this post and I think some points are worth reiterating.

1. This is a very nice park, but it would be an impractical base camp to attend the rally. It is just northeast of St. Albans, about 10 miles from the Canadian boarder. We went to Burlington via back roads, it took 90 minutes.

2. There are lots of camp sites, but I can't imagine sharing some of the sites with another, let alone 7 other, tents. Due to the holiday the camp was in full operation. Some sites had small campers and a vehicle in them, I'd guess you could fit 4 tents plus bikes. I did not run into camp sites that would fit 8 tents, but I did not view every campsite.

CarmiCamp.jpg

3. The facilities are good, typical New England campground. Showers are 50 cents for 5 minutes. You can even rent a canoe to paddle around the lake. Fire wood is available for $4 an armfull (that's two side cases worth). They have golf carts and will deliver if you like.

CarmiLake.jpg

4. The main roads are wide and in better condition that some of the routes getting there! The access roads are fine for any type of bike.

5. There is a good general store about 4 miles away. Take 3 rights. Right out of the park, right onto Swamp Road and a right at the end of Swamp. Franklin general store is on the left. Friendly people, nice meats, drinks etc.

No swamp. just a nice view of the Lake and VT cows.

SwampRD600.jpg

6. If MOA has the whole park, we will not have to worry about the drove of kids. The kids where thicker than mosquitoes, popping out from every corner.

Back