• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Seeking Input/Help

derskine

I am new to the forum and hope someone can advise me. I recently purchased an older, low miles, R1200RT with a Motorrad Nav IV. Love the bike and the GPS. When I paired the GPS with my Cardo Freedom 4+, it worked fine but the GPS would disconnect me from my wife's intercom. I have to manually reconnect after each instruction. So, I have decided to upgrade the systems on each helmet to solve this problem. My local dealer suggested the Sena 30K but it has been discontinued. The upgraded version (Spider ST1) has great range and mesh technology but does not allow for connection to other riders. I also am considering the Sena 50S which has the mesh technology and allows for connection to other riders but has less range. A friend suggested Cardo Pack Talk but he admits problems with the GPS connection on his bike. At this point, I would welcome any input or advice from people who have confronted this challenge. Any recommendations would be welcomed. Thank you.

I have use the Cardio Pack Talk with no real issues. I have it connected to the bike's TFT and the BMW GPS through the Bluetooth connection and it is also connected with my wife unit through the mesh connection.

I think you need to pair your GPS as a GPS or a music source, and not as telephone.
You should also check and make sure your units are set for multi tasking. This feature should let you use the GPS and the intercom at the same time, by reducing the volume of the GPS during the intercom conversation.
It may also be a good idea to contact Cardo tech support for some assistance.

Thanks

I have use the Cardio Pack Talk with no real issues. I have it connected to the bike's TFT and the BMW GPS through the Bluetooth connection and it is also connected with my wife unit through the mesh connection.

I will look into the Pack Talk.
DE

Thanks

I think you need to pair your GPS as a GPS or a music source, and not as telephone.
You should also check and make sure your units are set for multi tasking. This feature should let you use the GPS and the intercom at the same time, by reducing the volume of the GPS during the intercom conversation.
It may also be a good idea to contact Cardo tech support for some assistance.

I thought about contacting Cardo but I am afraid of interminable hold with bad Muzak. I am going to see the dealer again for another try at pairing. I am never afraid to display my ignorance re electronics. Thanks for the tip. I will check the settings on the units.
DE

Back