• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Parts Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

easy

Anyone know how to retrieve the information in the threat that dealt with exorbitant prices for BMW parts? I was told by a friend that Omega Man deleted the entire thread because he got into a disagreement with RadioFlyer. That thread had a lot of useful information in it. The last time I read the thread I didn’t see anything that amounted to a defaming personal attack, vulgar language, trolling, baiting, or created a hostile environment, but that doesn’t mean something couldn’t have happened after I left the thread. I guess I’ll never know because the entire thread has been deleted.

Isn’t deleting an entire threat because of a disagreement like punishing the entire class when someone does not agree with the teacher, or in this case the moderator.

The thread was deleted sometime after my last post. Shouldn’t Omega have recused himself since he was involved in the disagreement, and referred the matter to another moderators. Deleting the entire thread is a disservice to the forum. Should the board of directors ask the moderators to delete the offending post, or posts, and leave the rest of the thread alone?

Since this thread deals with a thread that was deleted from Motorad I intentionally placed it here, and ask the moderators to leave it here.

This thread is meant to be constructive, and helpful so if you are going to respond, please be constructive and respectful.

Thanks,
E.

Other moderators were involved in the review and decisions to delete the thread. We felt there were sufficient reasons.

The OP asked for and has received all of his posts that were the result of his research. If/when he feels it appropriate, he may start another thread with specfic information. Hopefully things will go better!

Anyone know how to retrieve the information in the threat that dealt with exorbitant prices for BMW parts? I was told by a friend that Omega Man deleted the entire thread because he got into a disagreement with RadioFlyer. That thread had a lot of useful information in it. The last time I read the thread I didn’t see anything that amounted to a defaming personal attack, vulgar language, trolling, baiting, or created a hostile environment, but that doesn’t mean something couldn’t have happened after I left the thread. I guess I’ll never know because the entire thread has been deleted.

Isn’t deleting an entire threat because of a disagreement like punishing the entire class when someone does not agree with the teacher, or in this case the moderator.

The thread was deleted sometime after my last post. Shouldn’t Omega have recused himself since he was involved in the disagreement, and referred the matter to another moderators. Deleting the entire thread is a disservice to the forum. Should the board of directors ask the moderators to delete the offending post, or posts, and leave the rest of the thread alone?

Since this thread deals with a thread that was deleted from Motorad I intentionally placed it here, and ask the moderators to leave it here.

This thread is meant to be constructive, and helpful so if you are going to respond, please be constructive and respectful.

Thanks,
E.
The last post in that thread was a personal attack directed at me. Had that post been directed at a member, an infraction would have followed.
Had the last statement in the last post in the thread not been included, the thread would still be there. The last statement is what killed the thread as it served no purpose other than the personal attack.
OM

My thanks to the OP of this thread for validating the usefulness of my deleted thread.

Indeed 20774/Kurt graciously acceded to my request that I be sent the contents of my own posts to the deleted thread.

At the outset let me say that I have read here for the first time that the thread was deleted because I personally attacked Omega Man. The only explanation I had been given is that the contents of the thread were "disruptive". I feel that I must challenge the now claimed rationale for deleting the thread. A review of the thread would make it plainly evident that early on and throughout the thread I was under attack by Omega Man and others. There were aspersions cast on my motives, there were comments that mocked me, and there was spam. The post that resulted in the thread being nuked merely demonstrated that there was a double standard at work in these derogatory comments. I used NO adjectives at all in this so-called personal attack. I merely presented the text from an Omega Man thread that demonstrated the double standard. This is not a personal attack. This is presenting factual evidence.

In my correspondence with 20774/Kurt I mused on starting a new thread so that members would have the benefit of better information on which to base their parts purchase decisions. I hesitant to do so now out of fear of censorship of any information on price comparisons which is of course an important factor. I feel that there is anecdotal evidence that BMW parts prices are not to be questioned here in the BMWMOA forum. In addition to the attacks by a moderator on my thread I noted that that same moderator appeared to strategically exclude competitive price information in his thread's photo of the order he placed for non-BMW parts. Also more recently I noted that a thread over in Wetheads that compared US and European prices for BMW parts was abruptly closed without announcement or explanation. It has since been re-opened after inquiries were made by the thread's OP. No explanation for having closed the thread was given. I don't know if my suspicions about censorship here are founded but I don't want to invest effort only to see it deleted arbitrarily.

If BMW parts pricing is a verboten topic of discussion here it should be so declared in the forum's Posting Guidelines.

We realize from your return PM to me that you were recruiting other members to further your cause.
This is not going to be argued on the forum.
Here is your easy opportunity to stop.
Your decision.
OM

We realize from your return PM to me that you were recruiting other members to further your cause.
This is not going to be argued on the forum.
Here is your easy opportunity to stop.
Your decision.
OM

I did not recruit other members to further my so-called cause. They contacted me via PM with expressions of support.

I have been publicly accused by you of violating the forum's Posting Guidelines. You did not need to do that especially when you did not advise me previously that you had reached this conclusion. YOU started this avenue of discussion which you now threaten to censor. I am entitled to defend myself before a jury of my peers. Is fundamental justice not to be practiced here?

This is not the pupose of the forum and disussions. I sent you a PM with my recomendations.

This thread is temporarily closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back