• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Does anybody in New Hampshire know an Eric Murdock?

senseamidmadness

Neglected Bike Adopter
Hey folks of the Regional Northeast,

I have an interesting conundrum, and am hoping somebody can help.

I bought a red '96 R1100RT from a guy in New Hampshire, and because of its age it's title-exempt. I was able to get a temporary in-transit tag to register and ride it home to Tennessee, but I did not get a title or registration when I purchased the bike, and the guy I bought it from didn't get registration when he bought it either. He owns Farnham Towing Company and had bought it with several other vehicles in a living estate sale from another resident of Ashland, New Hampshire, by the name of Eric (I believe his middle name is Paul) Murdock. The previous owner couldn't find his address but said he lived close by.
In my search I found that there are two Eric Murdocks in the Ashland area, and one of them (a retired medical professional) isn't the guy I'm looking for. Of course, he was the one who had a working phone number in the white pages.

Unfortunately I need that registration in order to get a license plate, so I'm trying all the options I can think of.

The bike has both American Motorcycle Association and BMWMOA stickers on the saddlebags and I know it was registered, inspected, and riding as of 2019 or 2020. That's why I figured I'd try asking here if anybody knows Eric and could get me in contact with him, or recognizes the bike he used to own.

I've attached a picture of the bike as I bought it. Tinted Cee Bailey windscreen, and full Corbin seats with red piping and matched backrest.

Attachments

• 281530368_419478959710893_6469989902438395933_n.jpg
    281530368_419478959710893_6469989902438395933_n.jpg
    419 KB · Views: 123
I live the Ashland area but don't know of Eric, but will ask around in the bike community. If you can Contact the Ashland NH. town office and have the vin # and year of last registration they may be able to help. Also contact NH Div . of Motor Vehicles with vin.# and they may help you also. It is a long process with out last registration ,a few of my friends have been through it. but these will be your best options.

I live the Ashland area but don't know of Eric, but will ask around in the bike community. If you can Contact the Ashland NH. town office and have the vin # and year of last registration they may be able to help. Also contact NH Div . of Motor Vehicles with vin.# and they may help you also. It is a long process with out last registration ,a few of my friends have been through it. but these will be your best options.

Good news on that front -- I emailed the Ashland town office and they gave me his current address, so I should be able to send him a letter. I hope he replies to mail.
The DMV told me that I wasn't privy to any of their registration information, as it's not public record, and I hadn't been given it when I bought the bike. This was when I went to their office in Concord to get my in-transit tag. Unfortunately I don't know the last year it was registered as it didn't have a plate on it, but it does have a 2019 state inspection sticker so that's my best guess.

Back