Thread: Harley Davidson Halts Production at York, PA

Harley Davidson Halts Production at York, PA

Harley-Davidson officials say the company is suspending production at its York County plant for the unforeseeable future. The company says it's temporarily halting all vehicle production and shipments at the vehicle assembly plant in Springettsbury Township due to a supply chain related matter.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/moto...LNz?li=BBnb7Kz
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Good information. I have always wanted to take that tour. Hopefully it will return by the time I get down that way.
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Probably a good time to do so, as there are quite a few bikes in the pipeline and on dealer floors already. Plus there are so many independent used HD dealers nowadays to keep most of the troops happy.
    ‘22 R1250RT
    MOA #46783

Quote Originally Posted by Motodan View Post
    Probably a good time to do so, as there are quite a few bikes in the pipeline and on dealer floors already. Plus there are so many independent used HD dealers nowadays to keep most of the troops happy.
    I read in a different article that it is due to the inability to obtain a certain critical part.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Quote Originally Posted by Motodan View Post
    Not sure where you are at but every HD I have been in has almost zero new inventory and little used as well
    The pen is mightier than the sword….unless some one is trying to stab you with the sword….then it’s the sword…..definitely the sword