Thread: Ontario Canada new member

Ontario Canada new member

Hi; Fourth BMW but first MOA membership. Happy to finally be a member. R1200RT. Past bikes R1100S, R1150GS, K1600GTL. Did BC trip on the GTL. Am thinking of a June or July trip to Newfoundland possibly this year. Have done the Rock once before via Labrador, but that was in the truck.
    Last edited by pdogmaxlight; 05-18-2022 at 08:10 PM. Reason: added an extra letter on R1100S by mistake

Welcome from a fellow Ontarian! Where are you located? We're in Grey County, about 90 minutes north of the GTA.

Hi

Hi clowry. We're in Morrisburg, along the 401 almost to Cornwall.

RK Ryder
    Welcome to the MOA Forum from London Ontario!
    Paul F. Ruffell
    Retired and riding my RTs, the '87 K100 & the '98 R1100 !
    Knights of the Roundel #333

Thanks

Thanks Paul. I was down your neck of the woods a few weeks ago to pick up the RT from Wolf BMW. Great folks there.

I have an 1100S too. Welcome from Newfoundland. Our moto B&B isn't officially open but we are taking guests who show up. Feel free to PM me if you want more info about our place. You can go down this little rabbit hole if you're bored.
    https://www.advrider.com/f/threads/n...ction.1234815/
    http://beerthief.ca
    ITSteve: ride in peace my friend
    save $5 on a new SmugMug account, use this coupon 7frrnSRiTt9Fk

Welcome pdogmaxlight! What year is the RT? How do you like the RT compared to the other bikes? Any pics of the bikes to share?
    Mama always told me not to look into the eyes of the sun...but Mama, that's where the fun is!

2009 R1200RT Sand Beige Metallic (aka Champipple), 2007 Honda VFR RWB

Hi langoptc; I'll look for some pics of the past bikes to post. I love the 2016 RT. Not as much raw power as my GTL had, although lots for my needs. Less weight and the weight is positioned lower down. Very stable on our main Ontario highway (401) and I think nothing of being beside the big rigs. I found the GTL to be more "top heavy" by comparison. My GTL was a 2012 and didn't have the newer reverse gear, which I had always thought would have been a godsend, after the first time I was forced to push the bike back up a very slight grade from parking it on a slightly gravelly surface. After the original and second sets of Metzler tires from the dealer had worn down very quickly, I switched to (I think they were) Michelin Pilots. Hard in the middle and softer on the outer edges, still with great cornering and they lasted way longer. My wife and I did a trip from Ontario to Vancouver Island and back on the GTL. For the sheer number of two-up-with-baggage kilometres, I think the GTL was probably the better of the two bikes to be on. But after eventually looking after parents and not being able to get away on long distance trips, I was using the GTL for mainly around town riding. A smaller bike would have been preferable for that, so I sold the bike and picked up the used 1150GS. I liked that one for my useage at the time and sold it after a year. Four years without riding ensued and then my wife (gotta love her) said, Why don't you get yourself another bike and enjoy yourself? Hence the RT. Looking forward to putting some kilometres on the RT.

promised pics

Quote Originally Posted by langoptc View Post
    Welcome pdogmaxlight! What year is the RT? How do you like the RT compared to the other bikes? Any pics of the bikes to share?
    R1200RT.jpgR1100S.jpgR1150GS.jpgK1600GTL.JPG

Pics of past and present bikes as promised langoptc. cheers

Good Lord!!! Beauteous! Thanks for posting.
    Mama always told me not to look into the eyes of the sun...but Mama, that's where the fun is!

2009 R1200RT Sand Beige Metallic (aka Champipple), 2007 Honda VFR RWB

I have an 1100S too.
    http://beerthief.ca
    ITSteve: ride in peace my friend
    save $5 on a new SmugMug account, use this coupon 7frrnSRiTt9Fk