• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Sipapu Threatened

pglaves

Voni and I have attended the Bavarian Mountain Weekend Rally at the Sipapu Ski Resort in New Mexico at least 15 of the past 20 years. I was dismayed to just read that the Sipapu Resort area is in "GO" status from a wild fire - meaning on a scale of Ready-Set-Go they are now supposed to immediately evacuate due to the approaching wild fire. I hope they evacuate - and hope the fire never gets that far.

Sorry to hear that; Sipapu has been a favorite destination for years. Like you, I hope everyone gets out safely and firefighters are able to save the resort.

Best,
DeVe4n

It would be a shame if the resort got destroyed.
I attended an ADV rider rally there back in the good old days just after my return from Prudhoe Bay.... I hope that the fires can be controlled sooner rather then later!!

Sipapu statement ..

Last night, Sipapu went into GO status, meaning mandatory evacuation. Onsite fire crews continue to prepare to fight the wildfire, and the fire crews are utilizing Sipapu as a staging area. The New Mexico Department of Transportation announced Sunday night that N.M. 518 is now closed heading east from mile marker 57 at Rock Wall.

Sipapu has deployed its snowmaking equipment to help protect the land and structures at Sipapu.

We know that many are praying for us, and holding out hope. Thank you. This is such a terrific community and we feel the love.

In anticipation of an electricity blackout, Sipapu is shutting down its computer servers, meaning guests will not be able to purchase season passes or update Power Kids passes. If you would like to purchase a season pass or update a Power Kids pass, please visit www.pajarito.ski/season-passes.

For more information, please visit the mountain blog at our link in bio or at https://www.sipapu.ski/blog/ #sipapu

IMG_1078.JPG

I watched the live video cams for a bit today and it looks tranquil with the stream behind the lodge full of water and the firefighters doing their work in preparation of.....
Hopefully it will go well for them!!

Back