• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New Member in Kansas

af7ja

First off, Hi, I'm Robert.

I grew up in Southern California in the 70/80s I moved through Bicycles and moped to my first motorcycle, a Honda CL90. I later moved to Northern California and my last motorcycle there was a Yamaha V-Star. One thing that bike taught me was that I don't like cruisers.

I then spent close to a decade outside the US. In that block of time, I rode motorcycles in China and Vietnam.

Returning to the states I just never got another motorcycle. Then I got to thinking about it again and started looking. I wasn't so sure that I was going to enjoy it as I had in the past, so I went looking at used bikes. I happened to see a F650cs for sale reasonably local and ended up buying it.

At this point, I have been riding it around for a couple of weeks and I am pretty sure that I am back "into" motorcycling.

. . . so, Hi all.

Welcome to this Forum. What part of Kansas are you hailing from? We lived in Topeka for 10 years andnear Lawrence for 12 years before bailing further south.

Hola af7ja!

Welcome back to the world of motorcycling (particularly on a BMW, Bob). Jus sayin, A CS is a useful training bike - just so you can dust the cobwebs off! You’re gonna need a newer, more powerful BMW if you’re gonna go eXploring around the USA. It’ll happen exactly when it’s s’posed to happen. :nod

Maybe you’re not ready to ride a CS to MO next month, but you’re certainly gonna need a bigger BMW to ride cross-country to the 2023 BMW International Rally in Doswell, VA in early June. So get your poop together for a future Long-Distance ADVenture...

Hope you’ll show up in MO in four weeks: >>>> https://rally.bmwmoa.org <<<<

Happy Trails whenever U can - Ciao!
HSV-Karen & HSV-Phil
USN-Ret'd —-&-— USAF-Ret’d

'09 650GS-twin — '14 K-GT
'82 R100CS ——— '75 R90S
'16 R1200RS —-— ’05 Vespa 200L
:beer

Back