• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Airlift

That flight crew didn't put a whole lot of thought into picking up that bike.

The chances of getting in there and picking up that bike and not getting busted IMHO were about zero.
That said I hope they don't get their chops busted too bad, I don't see any malicious intent.
Weve all done things we wish we could do a redo on.
Nick

Anybody that has spent time in the military knows how that works out.You can,t just do thinks like that period.Busted

I'd guess that the biggest issue is that a wanking big, noisy airplane is a really hard to misappropriate without getting caught, especially during peace time. If they could have used a truck, nobody would have noticed.

I'd guess that the biggest issue is that a wanking big, noisy airplane is a really hard to misappropriate without getting caught, especially during peace time. If they could have used a truck, nobody would have noticed.

I was in the Coast Guard at the Academy in New London CT and when the auxiliary showed up it was always party time for them.Same here "Reservists" thinking they could pull this off.

Anybody that has spent time in the military knows how that works out.You can,t just do thinks like that period.Busted

They just did it wrong. Should have had a buddy to truck it from MV to Quonset and no one would have been the wiser. Kinda hard to be low key in a Herc.

We were TDY to Spain in '73 and my buddy was having palpitations over the new Ossa 250 Pioneer. 48 hrs before we went home, he shows up with a nice new shiny one. We tore it down to be as narrow as possible, crated it and labeled it as an antique mirror. A short chat with the loadmaster and pilot, plus a half gallon of Jim Beam from the class 6 store, and the Ossa was neatly tied down on a C-130 headed back the Germany.
Ahhh.... the good ol days.....:usa

They just did it wrong. Should have had a buddy to truck it from MV to Quonset and no one would have been the wiser. Kinda hard to be low key in a Herc.

We were TDY to Spain in '73 and my buddy was having palpitations over the new Ossa 250 Pioneer. 48 hrs before we went home, he shows up with a nice new shiny one. We tore it down to be as narrow as possible, crated it and labeled it as an antique mirror. A short chat with the loadmaster and pilot, plus a half gallon of Jim Beam from the class 6 store, and the Ossa was neatly tied down on a C-130 headed back the Germany.
Ahhh.... the good ol days.....:usa

Ossa Pioneer. :heart

I miss the aroma of well-mixed 2-stroke.

OM

Back