• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Schuberth Sun Visor

burnszilla

Does anyone wear sunglasses under the sun visor on their Schuberth C2 or S1?

The sun reflecting off of my gauges was so strong this past week I had to put sunglasses on under the sun visor because the visor only blocks the sun from above. I don't find that the sun visor is tinted dark enough. Now that I've been spoiled by the sun visor during the past 6 cloudy months, wearing sunglasses under a helmet sucks.

Any thoughts?

Yes, sometimes, I usually wear sun glasses or clear shooting glasses just because of the eye protection factor alone. I have found (like others) that Polarized sun-glasses will give a purplish hue (or rainbow effect) to the inside of the sun-visor.

I think Schuberth has a darker sun-visor available, but that still wont get the low reflected light out of your eyes.

OK, I knew it was one way or the other.

The glasses I use are 'Wiley-X' polycarbonate shooting glasses they can supposedly take a .22 round to them, not that I want to be wearing them at the time. One pair are clear and the other tinted-grey. They seem to have low mass rubber ear-hooks so they are pretty good under the helmet.

I always wear sunglasses under my Schuberth when its sunny.. I use the visor pulldown for those sun blindness times of day and then pull it up and down as needed..

When I used to wear my Schubert, I always wore my prescription sunglasses underneath the black drop down visor. But in my case, my eyes are very sensitive to sunlight and while driving, I always wear polarized drop over sunglasses over my regular prescription sunglasses. Polarized glasses did not work well on the bike as the GPS screen became difficult to read. The black drop down visor feature on my Schubert was the one feature that I really liked about that helmet. The rest just did not work for me.

Burnszilla said:
... I had to put sunglasses on under the sun visor because the visor only blocks the sun from above...

Next time consider a Caberg helmet. The drop down sun visor curves around your nose (like a fighter pilot's helmet!) and does a great job at blocking light from below. I had the same complaint about the shuberth and on bright days the reflection off of light concrete pavement was a killer. No longer a problem!

Electrical tape!

It works best....Cuts all light. I imagine you could use the tape on your pull down visor.

Back