• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2006 F650gs thottle cable case wear - mystery

miseenscene

Good day,

While working on a valve adjustment on my 650gs I found this peculiar wear to my throttle cable. I presume this is from friction but it seems strange given that it is so close to the throttle body. Heat possibly? Perhaps is was routed incorrectly when last the valve cover was removed by the dealer?

Any advice or insights welcome. I may tape over the wear to keep dust out and then order a new cable for my next time.

Thank you.
DSC_9560.jpgDSC_9560.jpg
Be well, ride safely.

RKDSC_9565.jpg

View is looking down? Appears it was rubbing on something above the cable. May have been one thing that was in two different positions for a time. A little too uniform to have been mice.

I'd wrap it in silicone repair tape and call it good.

Good day,

Yes, from above. Looking at the parts fische it appears there is a cable tie --#6 or #8-- which was not there when I disassembled the airbox and battery tray. Perhaps this is to keep the cable from rubbing against... something?

I will order one and see if makes sense once installed.

Screen Shot 2022-05-11 at 11.10.50 AM.png
View is looking down? Appears it was rubbing on something above the cable. May have been one thing that was in two different positions for a time. A little too uniform to have been mice.

Thanks, RK
I'd wrap it in silicone repair tape and call it good.

Back