• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

1984 R100RS Key question

CleanGene

A friend of mine has acquired a 1984 R100RS. He needs to know if there are individual keys for ignition, fuel tank and luggage. My knowledge of the marque is limited to K and oilhead models and I'm afraid I'm not able to give him an answer. Anyone out here know the answer?

A friend of mine has acquired a 1984 R100RS. He needs to know if there are individual keys for ignition, fuel tank and luggage. My knowledge of the marque is limited to K and oilhead models and I'm afraid I'm not able to give him an answer. Anyone out here know the answer?

The ignition and fuel tank would have originally had the same key. Thirty eight years later it may be different. I think the luggage would probably have been keyed differently. I think the luggage took a small, flat key.

One key

There is one key for ignition, gas cap, fork lock, and seat lock. The luggage available then had two keys one for the latches and one for the mounting latch on the Krauser syle bags. There were two possible choices for luggage from BMW, the Krauser style bags and a different more rounded style of bags. For the latter, I don't know if those used two keys as did the Krauser bags or just one key. St.

There is one key for ignition, gas cap, fork lock, and seat lock. The luggage available then had two keys one for the latches and one for the mounting latch on the Krauser syle bags. There were two possible choices for luggage from BMW, the Krauser style bags and a different more rounded style of bags. For the latter, I don't know if those used two keys as did the Krauser bags or just one key. St.

Ditto -- that's what my '84 had.

Back