• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Strange GS911 Service Reminder Reset

lee

Debbie's Servant
Each year I usually use the custom setting on the GS911 to set the service reminder for more miles than I'll ride in the year.
This time I noticed the default option had the normal one year but the miles was 29,887 to the next service.
Both bikes took the setting :dunno
The bikes are 2022 R1250RS

Service Reminder.jpg

Could that distance be an average of how many miles you ride each year? Maybe the average across both bikes? Just guessing. :scratch

Isn't 30K a bit long between oil changes???:scratch :lol

Seriously, I'd look into the GS911 and see if you have the latest updates for it and retry to set the service interval to a more reasonable mileage...

Service date and service mileage can be set independently in GS-911, so you can go back in and set either to your desired value.

Best,
DeVern

Service date and service mileage can be set independently in GS-911, so you can go back in and set either to your desired value.

Best,
DeVern

I was planning on entering 15,000 miles in the custom mileage so there's no reason for me to go back and change anything.
I just thought it was odd it had that high number in the default field which should be 6,000 or 6,200 miles.
Our bikes only have about 4,500 miles on them so it's not a odometer reading.

Back