• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Gerbing Heated Liner Question

slash5er

After 20-something years of use, my Aerostitch Kanetsu heated liner has given up the ghost. I like the Gerbing liner.
I'd like to just use the foolproof on-off switch from my Aerostitch to control the Gerbing. What sort of connector would I need to use to go from the SAE plug to whatever it is that Gerbing uses?
Thanks.
John

Thanks!
The switch I have been using is SAE at both ends. The adapter suggested looks like it would work.
I am thinking that since the switch and the heating elements are not polarity sensitive, I just need to plug and play with these items. Or?

Just discovered the Warm&Safe heated gear. They produce a heated base layer, which makes a whole lot of sense to me as it puts the heat right up against the first layer t-shirt or merino layer by your skin. Then you use your regular jacket liner and jacket over that. Plus, Warm&Safe give you a discount if you show them you have destroyed you old electric liner (or mailed it to them). Seemed like good technology and a good deal.

Just discovered the Warm&Safe heated gear. They produce a heated base layer, which makes a whole lot of sense to me as it puts the heat right up against the first layer t-shirt or merino layer by your skin. Then you use your regular jacket liner and jacket over that. Plus, Warm&Safe give you a discount if you show them you have destroyed you old electric liner (or mailed it to them). Seemed like good technology and a good deal.

You really can’t go wrong with Warm & Safe gear—it’s quality gear and a great company to deal with. Their controllers, both wired and wireless, have been very reliable for me as well—I like to be able to dial in a heat level and not have to fiddle with switching heat on and off.

Best,
DeVern

Last year Debbie and I bought Warm & Safe generation Waterproof jacket liners and are very happy with them.
https://www.warmnsafe.com/collectio...ration-waterproof-mens-heated-liner-in-colors
They also work good to wear at night off the bike.

I did not want the heated shirt because I thought it would be a hassle to change shirts during the day if it warmed up.
I also did not want to deal with washing it on a trip if I had been sweating in it.

You really can’t go wrong with Warm & Safe gear—it’s quality gear and a great company to deal with. Their controllers, both wired and wireless, have been very reliable for me as well—I like to be able to dial in a heat level and not have to fiddle with switching heat on and off.

Best,
DeVern

Absolutely! Plus +++

Back