• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Brewfest or brewery tour?

pettynerd

The wife and I have had a lot of fun at the last few rallies with the brewery tours and last years Brewfest. I haven't seen anything yet for Springfield, does anyone know if one will be happening?
:beer

Beer

MAD DOG here, occasional chair of the beer garden when the venue allows MOA to run it. Have been in discussion with a rally chair. As to this date, nothing has been either decided on, or discussed with me. My probability is a brewfest. It takes time to put together a pub crawl, and time is not what we have at this point.
MAD DOG:drink " The beer must flow"

I was contacted early about possibly hosting a beer tasting or beer tour but nothing seems to have come out fit. Also timing is turning out that getting to the rally would be difficult for me.

Brewfest/ brewery tour

Seen a interesting ad;
417 brewing Springfield MO.

Seems a creative lady started a business, to take folks on brewery tours.

Sorry, still on internet training wheels,
Not sure how to do a link on this.
But you can Google it.

I’ve enjoyed meeting friends (new and old) in the beer tent in past rallies, but the canned beer served by apathetic locals in an overgrown Quonset hut at the Great Falls rally was a bust. Mad Dog and his crew made it fun and playful; I miss that.

The Beerfest on the other hand was a blast!

Pete

Let's do a tour, sign up here

I’ve been thinking about this no brew event situation.

Following the link from Lee (posted prior) and not seeing anything happen officially, I have been in contact with Crystal at the 417 Brewery Bus Tours. https://www.417brewerybustours.com/ I have booked a tour for Friday June 17th. She will be picking up at the fairgrounds at 3 PM, back between 6:30 and 7 PM. The trip is limited to 18 seats total, I’m booking two seats, so 16 are available. Cost is $40, a little more than the $35 standard because she is picking up and dropping off at the Fairgrounds. We will visit three breweries, most likely (subject to change) Tie & Timber Beer Co., Hold Fast Brewing, and Mother’s Brewing Co. First pint is half price at each place!

This is easy, and you see it here first. If you want to join in, follow this link (https://app.acuityscheduling.com/schedule.php?owner=17899354&appointmentType=33988084 ) and sign up! You’ll pay Crystal directly this way. I have guaranteed at least 12 seats, so I’m on the hook only if no one signs up.

I am really hoping this works well, looking for 16 of my new best friends to join us for a fun time.

Once you sign up, please private message me with some contact info (name, email, cell) so that we can provide any last minute updates as they come in? I’ll do the same back.

This is a first come first in sort of thing, so I’d not delay.

My name is Jeff, I like motorcycles and good beer, but not at the same time.

Cheers!

Beer Bus

MAD DOG here !
Got the news today that there WILL be a beer bus/tour of some sort that I, Randy, and Santa will be spearheading. I have no more details than that at this point. Leaving Conn on the 9th. See you there

MD :drink the beer must flow !

Friday Forum Love - You Heard it Here First

The following announcement will be emailed to registered rally participants this evening. Forum peeps have a four-hour headstart to register.

We're Going Day Trippin' to Piney River Brewing

We've scheduled several day trips to Piney River Brewing in Bucyrus, Missouri. Join us Thursday or Friday for a luxury motor coach ride through the Missouri countryside for a visit to the brewery, tour, taproom, and tasting to your hearts' pleasure. Space is extremely limited for this tour and the cost is $39 per person. We'll do all the driving so you can sit back, relax and enjoy all the beer!

Click here for details and registration for the Day Trippin' to Piney River event

Second, we have added a downtown shuttle that will loop every 30 minutes from the Fairgrounds to the downtown Springfield entertainment districts. The coach will leave the Rally grounds on the hour and half-hour, making a scheduled stop on the west, south, and east sides of Springfield (conveniently in line with some of Springfield's best breweries!) before returning to the fairgrounds. This will be a continuous hop-on/hop-off service that is FREE to Rally participants.

No registration is required for the downtown shuttle service and more details including maps and locations will be available on-site at the Rally. Stop by the Rally Welcome Center or the Sweet Information Booth for more details. Do not confuse the two services we are adding. The downtown shuttle is free and unscheduled, but the Piney River Brewery Tours require registration! If you are interested in the Piney River Brewery Tour, do not delay. Limited seating is available on these scheduled tours and you must reserve a spot for the brewery trip!

We're ready to Wander Farther. See you in Missouri!

Brian Burdette, Greg Feeler, and Pat Carol
2022 Wander Farther National Rally Chairs

417 Brewery Bus Tour

Our tour (posted on this thread) booked with Crystal at 417 Brewery Bus tours is still active. Now, it looks like beer lovers have the option of also joining the official rally beer tour just announced and this one as well. So far, it looks like we have about 10 open seats total for the 417 tour, but only Crystal has the visibility to really see the total. If you want to join us, please sign up using the link provided. This should be a lot of fun!

Second, we have added a downtown shuttle that will loop every 30 minutes from the Fairgrounds to the downtown Springfield entertainment districts. The coach will leave the Rally grounds on the hour and half-hour, making a scheduled stop on the west, south, and east sides of Springfield (conveniently in line with some of Springfield's best breweries!) before returning to the fairgrounds. This will be a continuous hop-on/hop-off service that is FREE to Rally participants.

No registration is required for the downtown shuttle service and more details including maps and locations will be available on-site at the Rally. Stop by the Rally Welcome Center or the Sweet Information Booth for more details.

By any chance will the shuttle make a stop or two on Glenstone where a lot of the motels are located or will it go down hwy 13?

Back