• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Good Aftermarket TPMS Systems?

I hope this subject hasn’t been covered elsewhere, I did a search. If so, if someone could point me the correct thread that would be great.

I have a DORAN aftermarket TPMS on my ’05 GS that has been good for many years. Unfortunately the in-wheel sensors have gone kaput and are no longer available. Indeed DORAN no longer makes any TPMS solutions for motorcycles.

What current aftermarket systems has anybody used with good results?

Just looking for a basic sends tyre pressure to a mountable display system. Don’t need Bluetooth to a phone or anything fancy.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Several examples in the tag cloud below.

I'd look at the Cyclops Tire pressure monitor. I've had mine for 4 years or so and ~55k miles and it's worked very well. In all that time, I've only had to change the battery twice (and an extra is included in the box). The Cyclops system has the ability to change your low and high pressure alarms as well as tire temperatures. Waterproof, backlit, and several ways to install it.

Thanks!

In the Cyclops system are the batteries in the sensors/senders user replaceable? Or do you have to buy new sensors when they die? (The one thing I didn't like about my Doran system.)

Garmin has some valve cap-type of TPMS sensors. These are advertised as having replaceable batteries. The sensors can be read by compatible garmin GPS units.

I have some of these, but have never felt the need to use them.

COMPATIBLE DEVICES
zūmo® 390LM
zūmo® 395LM
zūmo® 590LM
zūmo® 595LM

https://www.garmin.com/en-US/p/131744

gar-tpms.jpg

Thanks!

In the Cyclops system are the batteries in the sensors/senders user replaceable? Or do you have to buy new sensors when they die? (The one thing I didn't like about my Doran system.)

Yep - standard watch battery. The kit comes with the tools need to replace too.

Fobo

I know this is an old thread, but I use the FOBO bike valve cap sensors. It uses an app. I can check the pressure or it will alert when low. I have a set on 3 bikes and it has worked well for years. I got them on Amazon.

Back