• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

King of the Baggers?

I have seen 50cc mini-bike and 49cc Moped races that were fun to watch. Fairly matched competitors, and rider skill (or luck :) ) can be fun to watch.

How so? I would think more that if you liked motorcycle racing then the Baggers might also be interesting. But NASCAR? :scratch

I love, and have participated in, motorcycle racing. To me, watching a bagger race is like watching a Chevy Impala race. I've been at events where there was a Bagger race. Seemed like a good time to visit the concession area.

I love, and have participated in, motorcycle racing. To me, watching a bagger race is like watching a Chevy Impala race. I've been at events where there was a Bagger race. Seemed like a good time to visit the concession area.

The Chevy Impala 283, two barrel with the automatic was one of the most dependable vehicles of the seventies. They would go the distance with little or no work while the sporty stuff was making visits to the shop. If you were doing a south run to see Daytona the Impala was a good choice. Car and Driver once did a tribute to the Impala after trying to pass one on a winding east coast road. Said something to the effect that the Impala driver did not know they were trying to catch them, mostly because of the two bales of hay wedged into the trunk. I knew of Impalas with 300,000 miles.

You want to make the bagger racing more interesting have them strap on mandatory camping gear. There they are side by side on the Daytona banking - wait - wait - it looks like someone is losing their sleeping bag - our leader gets the meatball flag and has to return to the pits to secure his load. The Rok Straps sponsored BMW now leads the race:)

Wayne Koppa
Grayling, MI 49738

You want to make the bagger racing more interesting have them strap on mandatory camping gear. There they are side by side on the Daytona banking - wait - wait - it looks like someone is losing their sleeping bag - our leader gets the meatball flag and has to return to the pits to secure his load. The Rok Straps sponsored BMW now leads the race:)

Now this is a great idea! :laugh

If you want to catch the interest of the Gold Wing crowd, make the addition of a stuffed animal tied to the trunk mandatory equipment.

If you want to catch the interest of the Gold Wing crowd…

One of the most fundamental concepts in marketing is to develop products that are relevant to a broad spectrum of customers. At the Road Atlanta race there were literally thousands of riders streaming in, on all kinds of motorcycles, and representing all kinds of demographics and psychographics. It was truly impressive to watch.

One of the most fundamental errors that can be made in marketing it to project an individual’s opinions/tastes onto the marketplace as a whole. It’s an exceptionally good way to miss out on major opportunities.

Ian

One of the most fundamental errors that can be made in marketing it to project an individual’s opinions/tastes onto the marketplace as a whole. It’s an exceptionally good way to miss out on major opportunities.

Ian

Yeah, I get that. Which doesn't mean I have to like, or watch, or can't have an opinion on what someone else thinks is a good thing. To each his own, right?

The Chevy Impala 283, two barrel with the automatic was one of the most dependable vehicles of the seventies. They would go the distance with little or no work while the sporty stuff was making visits to the shop. If you were doing a south run to see Daytona the Impala was a good choice. Car and Driver once did a tribute to the Impala after trying to pass one on a winding east coast road. Said something to the effect that the Impala driver did not know they were trying to catch them, mostly because of the two bales of hay wedged into the trunk. I knew of Impalas with 300,000 miles.

Wayne Koppa
Grayling, MI 49738

I had a '64 Impala, 283 with Power Glide transmission that fit your description pretty well. What a great car! My big mistake was getting the interior done, beautiful job, but 2 weeks later someone in a '63 Pontiac decided he'd just fly on into traffic at a 90 degree approach, classic T-Bone impact. I drove home, and drove that car to work for another couple months until I could afford another. Too bad, I still miss that car.

Kyle Wyman is one of Nick Ienatsch's senior instructors at the Yamaha Champions Riding School. He won the King of the Baggers series last year as the H-D factory rider (he grew up in H-D dealership his folks owned), while still running his independent team in the superbike series. He put the superbike team on hiatus this year and is just running the Bagger for H-D.

There are some really good riders competing in this series; Bobby Fong, Danny Eslick, Ben Bostrom (last year). As @PGlaves pointed out any competitive race by skilled riders is fun to watch.

Back