• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Hello from the Northern Panhandle of West Virginia

jpike420

Hello Everyone,

My name is Frank and I just took delivery of a 2022 S1000 a couple of weeks ago. I'm looking forward to meeting some new faces and learning from everyone.

Welcome, that's a sweet ride!
There are a bunch of us K1600GT and R1250GSA riders who do a September trip out of the Seneca Rocks area, we ride all over WV for a week and just have a great time.
You sure do live in a great area to ride.

Hello Everyone,

My name is Frank and I just took delivery of a 2022 S1000 a couple of weeks ago. I'm looking forward to meeting some new faces and learning from everyone.

Define Northern Panhandle of WV.
jason

Uncle Bob

Welcome… and nice bike for your whereabouts. Watch out for gravel in the turns, especially washouts in the rain. I’m sure you know that Uncle Bob (Byrd) saw fit to line every road in the state with marbles! :D

Ian

Northern Panhandle of WV

Define Northern Panhandle of WV.
jason

Hi, I just saw your message today, I know it's been a while since I posted but I wanted to get back to you. I live in Weirton, WV which is about 20 miles west of Pittsburgh, PA off of US 22. I see you're in the Laurel Highlands area, I have family in Ligonier. Maybe I'll bring the bike out that way this season.

Hallo Frank, from the Pittsburgh suburbs!

Good Luck with your new BMW Crotch Rocket - guess you’re much younger than most of us! :brow

Enjoy your slick new Motorrad Machine Safely!

There’s training available for M/C Racers back east... We took Ken Condon’s “Riding in the Zone” up in Conn&Mass more than a few years ago... Your MOA participation allows you to take M/C Safety Training with a Big Safety Subsidy >>> https://bmwmoaf.org/rider-training/paul-b-grants/ <<<

Make the most of it; enjoy your very easy commute to Doswell, VA in June for the Rally!

https://rally.bmwmoa.org

Happy Trails in 2023 - Ciao! Two former DMV residents...
HSV-Karen & HSV-Phil
USN-Ret'd —--&-— USAF-Ret’d

'09 F650GS-twin - '14 K-GT
'82 R100CS ——— '75 R90S
’08 CRF230L —--— ’09 KLX250S
'16 R1200RS —-— ’05 Vespa 200L

Hi, I just saw your message today, I know it's been a while since I posted but I wanted to get back to you. I live in Weirton, WV which is about 20 miles west of Pittsburgh, PA off of US 22. I see you're in the Laurel Highlands area, I have family in Ligonier. Maybe I'll bring the bike out that way this season.

If you get to Ligonier keep pushing--Rt 30 between Breezewood and Fort Loudon is my favorite stretch of motorcycle road in all of Pennsylvania.

If you get to Ligonier keep pushing--Rt 30 between Breezewood and Fort Loudon is my favorite stretch of motorcycle road in all of Pennsylvania.

I"ll check it out, we used to go up over the mountains on the way to Breezewood to pick up the turnpike when I was a kid.

I"ll check it out, we used to go up over the mountains on the way to Breezewood to pick up the turnpike when I was a kid.

I live in New Alexandria PA, let me know if you pass my way and I will ride past the old Ship Hotel site with you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I live in New Alexandria PA, let me know if you pass my way and I will ride past the old Ship Hotel site with you.

Geeze I remember stoping at the old Ship Hotel when I was a child way back in 1990.

Welcome Frank! Hope you are enjoying the new bike. Would you be so kind as to share a pic or two?

Sorry I've been late on the pictures. I'm attaching a few now.

Pics include before the Akrapovic exhaust header, after the exhaust header, and after the tail tidy. Akra exhaust bought from Revzilla and tail tidy bought from TST Industries.
IMG_20230819_004316905_HDR (1).jpg
IMG_20230819_004253795.jpg
IMG_20230820_101034761_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Good Lord! That bike looks like a beast, albeit a great looking beast. Pretty sure I would hurt myself on that.

I did not realize I had two separate messages asking for pics (almost annoying!). Thanks for posting.

Geeze I remember stoping at the old Ship Hotel when I was a child way back in 1990.

52dc0b88dedaaafd59c44ea346b5eac1.jpg

0efeead13cecdfa8dcff8e6c3b6f5d45.jpg

Back