• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

rim identification help

psikora

I'm in the midst of my motorcycle parts archeological dig through all the stuff I didn't have time to get rid of before our move from NY to GA. I need help identifying this aftermarket rim. I have two people who know infinitely more about this (which wouldn't be that hard) thinking it's for a "/2", but they've only seen my pics and description of it. I'll repeat all of that here and hope not to support Einstein's theory of insanity (yeah, I know, he really didn't say it).

Since I've had a '59 R69, '69 R69S/R75/5 conversion, and a '69R69s/VW Type III sidecar conversion (I miss Gigantor), I'm thinking it must have been for something I wanted to do on one of those beasts. But I'm confused on why someone wrote inside "R50" and maybe the word "rear". Almost sounds like a /5 rim.

Someone said, "You need to check the spoke hole angle. It may use either a 116mm or 140mm long spoke. Would be either a single or double cross spoke pattern." I think I understand that but I don't have any spokes, anyway.

The rim is stamped 2.15 x 18", it's 40 spokes, and is an Italian Radaelli rim.

I'm also having trouble uploading all the images I want but I'll start with this and see how far I can get.

TIA,
phil #09135

About all I can offer is to look at these pages from RealOEM. The first is for an R50/2 and it does show the 2.15x18 rim and 140mm spokes. The other one is for an R75/5, and the front rim is the same.

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=0214-USA-03-1968-T50-BMW-R50_2&diagId=36_0402

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=0260-EUR-03-1970-2476-BMW-R75_5&diagId=36_0140

I haven't heard the name of the maker. You might also consider touching base with Buchanan's for help figuring things out.

Back