• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

High Mileage Front Tire Suggestion

akbeemer

SURVIVOR
Looking for recommendations for a high mileage 120/70-19 tire for front of my GSA rig. Durability is my primary concern.

In a street tire, I have had the best mileage from the Metzeler ME880 in 120/70-19VB, a belted bias-ply tire. Unfortunately, they seem to be NLA and have been replaced with the 880 series, which is a radial IIRC. Still a high-mileage compound, tho, and what I will be trying next on my sidecar rig.

In an ADV tire I’d recommend the Dunlop Trailmax Mission, based not on any sidecar use but on the two I’ve run on my R12GS—this second front will likely go at least 11k miles or more. I had 6500 miles on the one I removed before going to SA and it still had 60% tread left. It is a bias ply tire and I’ve always preferred a bias tire on the front of my sidebar rig. The TM tires do sing a bit, tho.

Best,
DeVern

Try the Continental Trail Attack 3. I got over 16,000 miles out of that one but right now I think the Dunlop TrailMax Mission will beat my current champion.

Back