• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Aloha from Massachusetts!

I'm Dave and I just bought a 2003 R1150RT 2(?) weeks ago and I love it. I've put about a thousand miles on it and have started replacing all the little bits that show their age. The bike is great -- really enjoyable and still handles well for it's girth. I've been a small bike guy forever, with a FZ07, 2002 XL1200S cafe and a GS500 track bike also in the garage. But, my butt has been complaining about long rides on the FZ recently, so here I am on an RT!
In a week I'll head down to the Blue Ridge to visit a friend, the a month later return to the DC area for more friends, then Minneapolis and at the beginning of fall I'll ride to Pittsburgh for the Glory Daze show.

Attachments

• CBA51F9D-9AD4-47CD-A3A6-15EA9928A859.jpg
    CBA51F9D-9AD4-47CD-A3A6-15EA9928A859.jpg
    670.4 KB · Views: 51
It’s called “Preview Post” Tag-man!

Look at how things are displayed, and then work to edit your errors... Sometimes w/photos, it can be very problematic!!!
I sometimes have to crop them - making them more Square and much less vertical...

Hope you get things sorted out, both Online & in-person...

Get yourself signed-up for the MOA’s Summer Mileage Challenge... April kicks off the annual summer contest.
https://www.bmwmoa.org/page/mileagecontest

At least you’re trying, which is more than many folks do...... :clap

Come join the FUN in SW MO in June for God’s sake... It is, after all, what we old-timers do every summer! :nod
https://rally.bmwmoa.org

Keep the Shiny bits Up, Tag-man!

Happy Trails whenever U can - Ciao!
HSV-Karen & HSV-Phil
USN-Ret'd —-&-— USAF-Ret’d

'09 650GS-twin — '14 K-GT
'82 R100CS ——— '75 R90S
'16 R1200RS —-— ’05 Vespa 200L
:beer

I guess I'll read about posting pictures now...

Welcome to the forum!

The photo thing is usually a non-issue if the camera (iPhone) is in landscape….lens in upper left. Something about the VB software gets confuzzled when the phone is vertical.

Enjoy the forum.

Gary

Welcome, Dave. Nice to see another member from Massachusetts - I'm in North Central Mass.. I converted over to the RT last fall from an FZ as well (FZ6R) for very similar reasons.

Enjoy your new ride!

Geekmaster (my name is Dave, too!)

Welcome Dave! Hope you are out enjoying that beautiful bike rather than worrying about photo orientation. Thanks for posting the pic.

Back