• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Hello from new member in NC

wanaride67

Hey y'all! My name is Ron Hunter and I'm a 54 yo rider in central North Carolina. I've ridden dirt bikes most of my life (CRF250RX now) and started street riding 2 years ago on a Kawasaki Vulcan 900. I've done MSF BRC1, "BikeSafeNC", and "Ride Like A Pro" courses. I wanted a street bike with better handling/suspension/power, and I watched "MotoJitsu" (Greg Widmar, YouTube riding coach) rave about how great his 1250GS was. Greg told his viewers "You've got to test ride one of these before you buy your next bike!" So I took a test ride, was blown away, and now I have a 2022 1250GS in my garage! Just had the initial service done and can't say enough things about this bike. So confidence inspiring! I ride it every chance I get. I have SO much to learn and am looking forward to picking everyone's brain about all things BMW. I'm already looking into courses at the Performance Center in Greenville SC. Hope to meet up with you on the road soon!
PXL_20220305_162636480.jpg

Hope to meet up with you on the road soon!

Welcome from WNC! Nice bike...

Check out the GS Giants for friends, fun, adv events and more. A lot of the community on-line interaction is on Facebook....

Big party out in Colorado this summer... probably a get together up at my place near the BMW RA rally in Waynesville, NC this September.

Ian

gsGiant_logo_2500_R_URL-L.png

Have Fun Mr WanaRide on your 2022 ADVentures!

GOOD 4 U, on doing your homework and getting some refresher training! :thumb
Think you’ve selected a terrific bike for someone your age {I mean U have many ADVentures in the years ahead!}.

As a New BMW Owner, I Highly Recommend U find time to attend this year’s International MOA Rally in SW MO...
https://rally.bmwmoa.org
MOA will only turn Fifty but once this summer, so try to make this one! :nod :kbasa :drink

Have fun in your neck of the woods - we’ll be in Fontana for the MOA Getaway next week.

We will also be attending the GA Mountain BMW Rally, 6-8 May....
https://www.bmwmoa.org/events/EventDetails.aspx?id=1607285&group=

Happy Trails whenever U can - Ciao!
HSV-Karen & HSV-Phil
USN-Ret'd —-&-— USAF-Ret’d

'09 650GS-twin — '14 K-GT
'82 R100CS ——— '75 R90S
'16 R1200RS —-— ’05 Vespa 200L
:beer

Welcome wanaride67

I sent you a private message. Look for Notifications at the top of the screen.
Great riding in "central NC".

Back