• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Inter changeable fairings from GL to GLT

maurice

I have a 2012 K1600 GT and am looking at a 2016 GTL. As I like the color of my 2012 I am thinking if it is possible to switch over the fairings???

I know strange, but I'm getting a good deal on the GTL, but dislike a black bike.

I know the saddle and handlebars are slightly different and the navigation slot panel on the 2012 has a slightly smaller opening - but has anybody got knowledge if the fairing and nose cone are different?

Check one of the on line dealers parts fish to see if they are the same. I would guess they are. Have you looked at wrapping the bike ? Others have done it with good success. Good luck.

I would guess the tupperware can be swapped between a 2012 and 2016. The canoe panels below the seat are different to reflect the differences between the two-piece GT and one-piece GTL seats. What are you going to do about the top box?

Have you considered a plastic wrap as an alternative? Pick whatever colour scheme or pattern you want. If you get tired of it, with some heat and care you can peal the plastic wrap off and be back to factory original or apply another colour.

Back