• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Hello from KC!

Esquared

Greetings, all!

I've been riding off and on since my Honda CB360, bought new back in 1973. More Hondas since then, a handful of Triumphs and a Vespa, but now am a first-time BMW owner, with a '22 R1250RS in the garage for less than a week! Got three rides in before the KC weather turned, but will be back out this weekend!

Like many new owners, I waited on delivery, having ordered "Blue Bird" back in October. So, instead of figuring out mods and farkles after delivery, I did quite a bit in advance. I'm 6'4", so I swapped out the clip-ons for the Wunderlich bar kit, lowered the pegs (Suburban Machinery) and had the factory install the sport seat. I've about got it dialed in in terms of ergos, and I'll be figuring out the windscreen options as I add some more miles.

Overall, it's just a fantastic machine, living up to the many (many!) positive online reviews and road tests I've had a chance to consume over the past several months. Simply the nicest, most confidence-inspiring bike I've ever owned.

Look forward to exploring the MOA world and soaking up the advice and opinions of fellow owners!

Attachments

• RS Apr 2.jpg
    RS Apr 2.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 50
Willkommen Esquared, from the Tenn River valley!

Glad to hear that your new RS has finally landed. It’s a big country (and you’re surrounded by it); have fun exploring North America when the time allows. Hope you’ll scoot over to Springfield in June for the Big MOA B’day Bash: << https://rally.bmwmoa.org >>

Sounds to me like you’ve done your homework - now enjoy some quality saddle time! :thumb

Happy Trails whenever U can - Ciao!
HSV-Karen & HSV-Phil
USN-Ret'd —-&-— USAF-Ret’d

'09 650GS-twin — '14 K-GT
'82 R100CS ——— '75 R90S
'16 R1200RS —-— ’05 Vespa 200L
:beer

Back