• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

C Bailey's no longer making motorcycle windscreens, some suggestions?

brownie0486

I've got a C Bailey's on the 2011 RT presently. Just looked at maybe replacing it as I really like the looks and protection but they are no longer making them for motors.

Suggestions from RT owners on what they've found to be a well sorted screen for the beast?

Thanks

Werks Quiet Ride would be my choice, but it's not available for a Camhead.

7Jurock (who makes the Quiet Ride for Werks, using the Werks design) has a Camhead shield that uses a similar "flip" at the top to move the airstream over your helmet. I think it will fit my Hexhead, but 7Jurock won't confirm that it will fit and I'm not willing to to risk 2-way shipping and 15% restocking fees if it does not.

I had a Cee Bailey on my RT and loved it. The upper part of the windshield curved upward sending the wind over my helmet while having the windscreen low enough to see over instead of through. I recently bought a windscreen for an FJR and found that Aeroflow now offers a similar style windscreen. If this is a feature you like about Cee Bailey, you may want to check Aeroflow.

Last edited:
Looks like I'll eventually pick up another Z-teknic for the RT. I really like the looks of this Bailey on it now.

I had a Werks on the RT and it was great and on my GSA I have a V-Stream and it works quite well too. Both bikes are the LC models.....
Can't go wrong with either shield IMHO.. YMMV

Aeroflow Tall. Best money I’ve spent adding onto my RT.

I have this as well. Only two issues are (1) it works too well in the summer and (2) if you have the BMW Navigator setup it will hit the GPS unit when you lower it all the way. Despite that it mostly stays on the RT since I have an R for the hotter months.

I've used National Cycle's Vstream on a few bikes and love them.

Fun fact, BMW's new R18 Bagger and TransContinental are using windscreens manufactured by national cycle. Quite a stamp of approval from BMW to use their parts.

I've used National Cycle's Vstream on a few bikes and love them.

Fun fact, BMW's new R18 Bagger and TransContinental are using windscreens manufactured by national cycle. Quite a stamp of approval from BMW to use their parts.

The standard touring shield for the R1100R and R1150R bikes were also from National Cycle. And they were great windshields that worked well - at least for my 5'10" height.

Back