• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

AL 2nd Sat Ride-2-Eat to Hayden, AL

HSVPhil

AlaBeemer_Prez
Phil’s leading another Ride-2-Eat on the Second Saturday in April for those SE riders so inclined. The HSV folks are riding to PORKY’s PRIDE below Hayden, AL (about 1-mile from I-65) at 1128 AL Highway 160.
https://www.facebook.com/porkyspridesmokehouse

My plan involves the Vintage crew enjoying the usual M/C breakfast at the Blue Plate Cafe along Governor’s Drive until ~09:10 before riding south to the Murphy’s Oil gas station down by Walmart for some Supreme no-ethanol Petroleum [ 11610 Memorial Pkwy SW ]. Will depart south ~9:30 and arrive at Porky’s around 11:00 (it’s just 75 miles). So all y’all in the BHM-neighborhood or western GA ought to be able to easily attend in your selected vehicle (4 wheels or 2) up towards Hayden on April 9th. Please send an RSVP so I can inform the BBQ Smokers for expected lunch customers.
Mailto: president@bmwmoal.org

Y’all enjoy these longer days and warmer temps! Ciao, P&K

Some Garmin waypoints + my route; plan to return thru Cullman and stop at the Goat Island Brewing Co... :drink
View attachment April-22-R2E.GPX

A Garmin Map depicting ride from Huntsville along secondary roads...
View attachment Ride-2-Eat-April.pdf

Here’s the store front of Porky’s (mobile truck was parked next door).
Porkys-Pride-bldg.jpeg

Last edited:
Saturday started out “pretty chilly” for us softies in Alabama...

Had about 24 folks for the NAVMC regular breakfast rendezvous at the Blue Plate Cafe; most of the “elderly” drove in...

Seven ADVenturesome riders rode south from HSV with temps ~44F when we departed from the Murphy’s Gas stop - High-test petrol w/o ethanol - on the Southside of HSV.

We successfully snaked our way south on mostly country roads 75 miles to Porky’s Place. I randomly picked this place without anyones’ input, but it was generally close to the Birmingham AlaBeemers so “the gang down south had nuthin to bitch about.”

We managed to attract a few other folks from central AL; eventually there were 11 at our table for lunch ~11:10. This restaurant really got crowded by families as the Noon hour approached. The food was typical southern BBQ, but everyone Really Enjoyed their selection - mine was a Philly Cheese BBQ on delicious French loaf with a heaping pile of fresh-cut shoe-string fries... :eat

some-attendees.jpeg

Another view of table with sandwiches standing by...
Porky-eaters-w-food.jpeg

Some of the bikes out front...
BMWs-at-lunch.jpeg

As I explained to my peeps, P&K stopped for a beer sampler at Cullman’s “Goat Island Brewing Co” on our way back north by ourselves. Beer was very tasty - :brow
Beer_Sampler.jpeg

Further north from Cullman toward HSV is the crossroads of Eva, AL. We also stopped at Fairview...
EVA-CoddiWomple.jpeg

FWIW: 14 May 22: Wildflower Restaurant in Mentone, AL.
https://www.mentonewildflower.com

Get out there and enjoy your curve carving after a long winter...

Happy Trails y'all - Ciao!
HSV-Karen & HSV-Phil

USN-Ret'd —-&-— USAF-Ret’d

'09 650GS-twin — '14 K-GT
'82 R100CS ——— '75 R90S
'16 R1200RS —-— ’05 Vespa 200L
:beer

Great reporting Phil. :clap

I would be so nice to see other clubs catch on to your example. ;)

OM

Back