• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2023 Richmond VA: The 50th National MOA Rally

On behalf of the BMW MOA Board of Directors
and the Rally Site Selection Team,
it is my pleasure to introduce to you,
my forum peeps,
all the way from Fargo, North Dakota,
the 50th BMW MOA National Rally site......

VIRGINIA it is!

THE 50th MOA Rally.
... June 8-10 2023

Just north of Richmond (15 miles +/-)... at the Meadow Event Park, 13191 Dawn Blvd. Doswell Va 23047.

That's on Hwy 30, just east of I95 a couple miles. Great website.

Last edited:
The announcement was very nicely done. :thumb :clap
With any luck, the announcement was linked to the forum on the other social media platforms.
OM

...Moderator

"Thread Title" change requested.

Something like: 2023 Richmond Virginia, The 50th MOA National Rally

First time in Virginia. I thought I'd take a look at the spread of locations by state:

Arizona 1
California 2
Colorado 2
Connecticut 1
Florida 1
Illinois 1
Indiana 1
Iowa 1
Michigan 2
Minnesota 2
Missouri 3
Montana 4
New York 3
North Carolina 1
Ohio 2
Ontario, CA 1
Oregon 4
Pennsylvania 2
South Carolina 2
Tennessee 3
Texas 1
Utah 1
Vermont 2
Virigina 1
Washington 1
West Virginia 1
Wisconsin 3
Wyoming 1

THE 50th MOA Rally.
... June 8-10 2023

Just north of Richmond (15 miles +/-)... at the Meadow Event Park, 131 Dawn Blvd. Doswell Va 23047.

That's on Hwy 30, just east of I95 a couple miles. Great website.

This address is a few blocks off, the address is 13191 Dawn Blvd.

Wow, this is so close to my house, how can I not make it?

Sounds like a fun ride there and back, but thinking it might be uncomfortably hot and humid for my co-pilot I immediately started looking at hotels in the area. Holy cow, many of the reviews are so abysmal they pass for SNL material! I haven’t enjoyed reading reviews so much in ages!

2300 miles/4600 miles round trip to Richmond from my place. Nearly coast to coast, I'll have to settle for one a LOT closer than the 2023 50th

If you are not finding good hotels in the immediate area, try looking southward toward Ashalnd or north of Richmond in the Glen Allen area. I know there is a cluster of decent hotels (Marriott, Hampton Inn, Springhill Suites, etc.) in the Glen Allen area right near the intersection of I-95 and I-295. The down side is that it is about 20 minutes to the rally site.

Co worker (one of those F800ST guys) has been to Meadow Event Park and says there is a pedestrian tunnel connecting the northern and southern sites. No need to cross Dawn Blvd.

Brownie0486, 2024 is your year. The rally will be out west.

Last edited:
With Kings Dominion and Soak city next door will there be discount tickets? Also with the KOA next door they have a large amount of cabins and trailers for rent.

If you are not finding good hotels in the immediate area, try looking southward toward Ashalnd or north of Richmond in the Glen Allen area. I know there is a cluster of decent hotels (Marriott, Hampton Inn, Springhill Suites, etc.) in the Glen Allen area right near the intersection of I-95 and I-295.
The down side is that it is about 20 minutes to the rally site.

... Good info!

Some basic notes about the 2023 Rally Site

I got tired of having to watch the video to confirm the rally location, dates:

Meadow Event Park, Doswell, VA. Same exit as Kings Dominion Theme Park, June 8-11.

It's just over 30 minutes north to Morton's BMW in Fredericksburg

...about 30 minutes into Richmond, going south.

Hubby and I are "local" to that area (I grew up in NoVa, we now live in Lynchburg), have spent many a weekend in Richmond and Fredericksburg. The Richmond BMW club isn't very big or active beyond RTE's, so it will probably fall to active local BMWMOA members to take up the slack in making things happen.

That said, there are at least a dozen breweries, distilleries in Richmond, and a handful of same in Fredericksburg. Bus transportation/a tour to check those out would be a great idea I think. Even if it's just one trip with sign ups. For history buffs, there are a good half dozen historic homes in and around Richmond proper, plus several out in the countryside. Montpelier. Williamsburg is just over 70 miles away on 30E.

Not much in the way of other entertainment/food near the actual Fairground site. It will be up to the Rally organizers to be sure there is plenty of food options on site.

Looks like plenty of twisty roads eastward and south east toward the lower Rappahannock and Chesapeake Bay. Lake Anna is off to the west. Hubby and I will likely venture out and around and see what we can find in the way of fun riding routes.

One big issue I see, will be dealing with rush hour traffic on I95 in the morning and evenings of Wed, Thu and Friday. Alternate roads are two lane and they will quickly be filled with traffic as well. The beach traffic coming/going on Saturday and Sunday along I95 - anyone headed to the NC/SC beaches from NoVa and north will likely be on I95 to get there for their Sat-Sat or Sun-Sun beach house rentals. Sunday afternoon starts the slow down headed north on I95 toward DC

Last edited:

Meadow Event Park, Doswell, VA. Same exit as Kings Dominion Theme Park, June 8-11.

Hubby and I are "local" to that area (I grew up in NoVa, we now live in Lynchburg), have spent many a weekend in Richmond and Fredericksburg. The Richmond BMW club isn't very big or active beyond RTE's, so it will probably fall to active local BMWMOA members to take up the slack in making things happen.

That said, there are at least a dozen breweries, distilleries in Richmond, and a handful of same in Fredericksburg. Bus transportation/a tour to check those out would be a great idea I think. Even if it's just one trip with sign ups. For history buffs, there are a good half dozen historic homes in and around Richmond proper, plus several out in the countryside. Montpelier. Williamsburg is just over 70 miles away on 30E.

Not much in the way of other entertainment/food near the actual Fairground site. It will be up to the Rally organizers to be sure there is plenty of food options on site.

Looks like plenty of twisty roads eastward and south east toward the lower Rappahannock and Chesapeake Bay. Lake Anna is off to the west. Hubby and I will likely venture out and around and see what we can find in the way of fun riding routes.

One big issue I see, will be dealing with rush hour traffic on I95 in the morning and evenings of Wed, Thu and Friday. Then beach traffic coming/going on Saturday and Sunday along I95 - anyone headed to the NC/SC beaches from NoVa and north will likely be on I95 to get there for their Sat-Sat or Sun-Sun beach house rentals. Sunday afternoon starts the slow down headed north on I95 toward DC

Living in Charlotte and riding a lot of Virginia roads and having our son in Maryland we travel up that way a lot. But I always steer clear of the I-95 corridor. I suspect this event will have lots of good riding west in Virginia and southwest as well. Hotels look a bit limited and will probably need to stay about 10-15 miles away.

One big issue I see, will be dealing with rush hour traffic on I95 in the morning and evenings of Wed, Thu and Friday. Then beach traffic coming/going on Saturday and Sunday along I95 - anyone headed to the NC/SC beaches from NoVa and north will likely be on I95 to get there for their Sat-Sat or Sun-Sun beach house rentals. Sunday afternoon starts the slow down headed north on I95 toward DC

Hey Lionlady, I remember your name from the BMWBMW board (I was VaSteve there and never did much with the club).

Regarding Doswell, I'm surprised that the club didn't pick something like Roanoke for the Rally if it was to be in Virginia. It's cool that it's nearby of course. Try as I might, I'm having a hard time thinking of what I'd do ridingwise based out of Doswell. I don't know that area so much, but I had a good time launching from Springfield and Lebanon to places I'd never been before. The handout for the rally shows the Linn Cove Viaduct on the BRP. That's hundreds of miles away in NC (I looked it up).

Back