• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2023 Richmond VA: The 50th National MOA Rally

Wow....... I have never been called a true visionary :scratch My wife and a few others have said that I’m full of s... but never full of vision. I have talked out of my arse once or twice too. At least with the banjo picking here you won’t have watch your backside ( I hope)
like the movie Deliverance. Sooooo, Let me get out the tea leaves and the tarot cards and consult with the Grand Puba :gerg Hey anyone still have one of those Magic 8 ball fortune tellers ? I do know for certain that the rally will be east of the Mississippi River :dance

Lebanon again?

The natural would be the Spartanburg County Fairgrounds, AKA Piedmont Fairgrounds. June average high 87. June average low 67. Average number of days with rain in June, 7.

I think I heard a rumor that some of the folks think we should go back and give Bloomsburg (AKA Doomsburg), PA a second chance. :banghead

LOL...... Yeah those might be the "averages" but it looks like we are on track to hit 90 degrees next week the earliest ever. And i am 200 miles north of Spartanburg. Personally being so close to Spartanburg I hope it is at least 1000 miles away in the East. Maine or upstate NY would be great.

Okay OmegaMan, is that 9:00 Eastern time? Which time zone? Thanks for the video.

That was posted by Ted Moyer, the BMW MOA Executive Director, not Omega Man. The BMW MOA Headquarters is in the Eastern Time Zone. Thus I suspect, but am not sure, that the disclosure will be at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time. Which is 8:00 CDT, 7:00 MDT, and 6:00 PDT - except for Arizona and certain Indigenous Peoples Reservations where daylight savings time is not observed. As for Newfoundland (off by a half-hour) I lost track of their time zone years ago. And then there is Alaska. (PDT -1 hour) :scratch Stay tuned. :thumb

One thing is for sure though: 9:00 AM, EDT is 8:00 AM in Fargo. The municipal and Chamber of Commerce leadership is probably waiting eagerly to join the celebration. I heard a rumor that they are decorating a fire truck. At least it isn't Flame Cars! :clap

Last edited:
Okay OmegaMan, is that 9:00 Eastern time? Which time zone? Thanks for the video.

That was posted by Ted Moyer, the BMW MOA Executive Director, not Omega Man.

Yeah, I didn’t post it although I would like to think my constant noting that the forum is frequently the last place official MOA information is posted has brought about a change.
Facebook does have its place, testifying about shenanigans before congress, I like to see the people with a real commitment (dues) see announcements first.
I hope this is a change that continues.
OM

Should this announced location be along the banks of a West Virginia river in mid June... We May wish for Flame Cars!

A morning mountain fog in the valley can be mighty chilly.

I remember those flames cars as they burned my sunburn as they went by…. That sure wasn’t a good feeling…

I was in the stands - front row. Voni was getting a high-mileage award. She wanted me on stage with her. I balked. She insisted. I balked. She insisted. So I was on stage when they announced I had received the Prof. Gerhard Knochlein BMW Classic Award. I was absolutely speechless, even as the Flame Cars scorched past.

Last edited:
Back