• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2023 Richmond VA: The 50th National MOA Rally

flyhi2cfar

#102452 Sometimes Hangared... But Always Aimed Out
In 2023: Where Will It Be ? Your speculation appreciated.

The Rally rotation has it in the Eastern Zone of the US; but what state, town, even the venue ?

Will the 2023 BMW Motorrad 100th Anniversary have an influence on the chosen site?
Such as proximity to BMW NA HQ, or maybe our MOA HQ and the nearby BMW Zentrum Museum, US Rider Academy & Performance Center.

Maybe we venture a little further south and spend big $ for The Barber Motorsports Museum and facilities. It's loaded with vintage & historical BMW ware!
Your guess is as good as mine.

In just 30 days (April 30th) we "may" know the answer. The date of the MOA springtime Board Meeting, that has provided the official word in recent history.

The last few years on the Rally Forum, we've enjoyed this speculation of "where at".
Annually, it seems Fargo ND... fits into every Zone of the Rally Rotation Map. Amazing destination evidently!

But it won't beat out West Virginia in 2023!

.... somebody please attach a current/updated "Zone Rotation Map" to this thread.

The natural would be the Spartanburg County Fairgrounds, AKA Piedmont Fairgrounds. June average high 87. June average low 67. Average number of days with rain in June, 7.

I think I heard a rumor that some of the folks think we should go back and give Bloomsburg (AKA Doomsburg), PA a second chance. :banghead

2022 will be the 50th anniversary of the MOA but there have only been 49 national rallies due to the cancellation of the 2020 rally.

Fargo, Georgia:laugh

It is hereby determined "The Laugh" emoji nullifies your guesstimate of speculation!

As the only "official winner" of a two year Rally Site Speculation Contest (Great Falls 19/20')... your official divulgence is eagerly awaited!
It was spring of 2019 where one "hexst" not only named the State, but through wisdom and research, also correctly theorized city and venue.
As a newly minted MOA clairvoyant, you were recognized and awarded a coveted Safety Committee Co-Chairmanship for that Rally.
Where after site inspection... accurately predicted we would run out of bike parking, camping spots and toilet paper!

Thank You valued member, now... where we going?

Let it be known:
Last springtime it was the "boogerman" of Defiance Missouri that correctly predicted the State of Missouri for our 2022 Rally.
It is determined he "whiffed" on believing it was the St Louis vicinity.

His theory somewhat centered around the "fine riding" available south and southwest of St Louis.
Regional Banjo music conversation ensued from others.

Boogerman is a true visionary.
I've just received the April Owners News, the entertainment lineup in Springfield is heavy with potential banjo pickin.

Well done sir; where will we be in 23' ?

I think flyhi2cfar's proposition of the Spartanburg-Greenville area is interesting. Initially, I thought it would be too hot for campers, but an average low of 67° seems reasonable. I have not been to that part of South Carolina, but maps suggest there is some good riding nearby. For those riding to the rally from the west, that area is probably easier to access than New England. West Virginia has good riding and night time temperatures should be comfortable. Still, I think New England is likely to host the rally. I was not there, but I understand the Vermont rally was well attended.

Having lived an hour east of Spartanburg for 24 years I can attest there is not much there. SC as a whole can be brutally hot on any given summer day. All decent riding is north or north west into the Brevard NC or Lake Lure NC area. So why not western NC or the area in the Georgia Blue Ridge area like Helen.

Let it be known:
Last springtime it was the "boogerman" of Defiance Missouri that correctly predicted the State of Missouri for our 2022 Rally.
It is determined he "whiffed" on believing it was the St Louis vicinity.

His theory somewhat centered around the "fine riding" available south and southwest of St Louis.
Regional Banjo music conversation ensued from others.

Boogerman is a true visionary.
I've just received the April Owners News, the entertainment lineup in Springfield is heavy with potential banjo pickin.

Well done sir; where will we be in 23' ?

Wow....... I have never been called a true visionary :scratch My wife and a few others have said that I’m full of s... but never full of vision. I have talked out of my arse once or twice too. At least with the banjo picking here you won’t have watch your backside ( I hope)
like the movie Deliverance. Sooooo, Let me get out the tea leaves and the tarot cards and consult with the Grand Puba :gerg Hey anyone still have one of those Magic 8 ball fortune tellers ? I do know for certain that the rally will be east of the Mississippi River :dance

This coming weekend...

THE information should be released indicating site selection for 2023's 50th National Rally.

My guesstimate remains WV or VA.

Hey look...

There is a place there for an ADVriding event!

Screen%20Shot%202022-04-25%20at%2010.21.31%20AM-X3.png

Back