• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

One of the older BMW shops just came through with parts

brownie0486

Obsolete part #71-60-7-653-002 [ it's two pins and a serclip for left pannier handle ]. I called 5 places I've got bookmarked like Bobs BMW, Sierra etc and they all told me "out of production, none available ].

BUT-- Bob's suggested I call Dunbars in Ma., he wouldn't be surprised if he had two on a shelf out back. Hmmm, I know Dunbars, they used to work on my K100rs back in the early 90's and were [ may still be ] an excellent shop ].

I call Dunbars, give him the part number, he checks and comes back with one left, but the serclip is missing, apparently someone robbed it from the package at some point. I take it, the serclip can be sourced easy enough.

In speaking with this guy, I related their working on the the K bike back in the day. Wants my name, looks up something and says, yup, 4 years in a row we worked on that bike for you. Mentioned the guy who worked on mine was a tall young guy, he says that was him. His name is Tom, he's the owner now. Explain one of my best friends was a motor officer in Avon, he asks the name, and he knows my buddy very well over the same time line [ early 90's forward ]. It was like old home week, brought back great memories of my buddy and I running our K100RS's in that era.

I had him send the package to my brother for my K1200GT bike I gave him 4 years ago.

A shout out to Dunbars BMW on S Main, Brockton, Ma. It was late in the day, they were about to close and he took the 20 minutes to get the parts ready to ship out this morning to Colorado.

Back