• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Introduction + Memorable Road Suggestions

None of us have ever been to a MOA Rally and are unsure if one day is enough or we really should spend 2 days there.

For now we have decided to try and spend two days at the Rally thus 4 days to get back i.e. ~1500 miles to get home.

Friday and Saturday will give you enough rally... since you've never been to a rally, you should attend the closing ceremonies. They're actually sort of boring, but given that this year is our 50th anniversary, I keep hoping for a good show.

One idea for you either coming or going is Michigan's Upper Peninsula, the Soo Locks.

Lake Superior's North Shore is also an interesting alternative.

Following the Mississippi River in Wisconsin, Iowa and into Missouri is a good ride. Definitely avoid St. Louis.

I very much enjoyed riding across the St. Lawrence River when our rally was in Port Hope, Ontario back in 2002, but I imagine you've ridden there frequently.

Have a great ride!

Ian

From the wayback machine...

P0001601-XL.jpg

Since you are already in Springfield, MO you might as well check out Branson, MO, it's only about a 30-minute drive. Branson has a website where you can check out available attractions.......there are plenty.

Back