• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Riding to our 50th Anniversary Rally

Looks like a lot of riders took 125 south out of Springfield and took the Peel ferry.

20220619_111422_copy_1024x768.jpg

20220619_110653_copy_1024x768.jpg

We're in Yellville, Ar.
20220619_150129_copy_1024x768.jpg

20220619_135520_copy_1024x768.jpg

Upgrading to Roadsmart IVs the hard way.

My Roadsmart III's picked up this beauty in Southern Illinois on the way to Springfield. Fate was smiling that day... I felt a recognizable rear wheel kick, then noticed the tire pressure readout on the bikes dash was 12 psi lower than it should've been. As luck would have it, I looked up and saw a sign that let me know a rest stop was a mile down the road. Plugging and inflating that flat in 90-100° was no fun, even in the perceived safety of a rest stop. The plugged tire held air, but thanks to Skunkwerks and Dunlop for giving me peace of mind.

IL_puncture_1_IMG_2770.jpg

IL_puncture_2_IMG_2771.jpg

IL_puncture_3_IMG_2779.jpg

I do not remember seeing that pool when all of us were there at the CM in October. :scratch Debbie looks happy and cool!

We're headed to the pool again in a few minutes.
Did a short 100 miles today and got back by 1:00. 95F
Did the Push Mt road and stopped at the Cotter Bridge.
You have a similar picture.
For those who have not seen it, the bridge has 5 concrete arches.

20220620_102427_copy_1024x768.jpg

My Roadsmart III's picked up this beauty in Southern Illinois on the way to Springfield. Fate was smiling that day... I felt a recognizable rear wheel kick, then noticed the tire pressure readout on the bikes dash was 12 psi lower than it should've been. As luck would have it, I looked up and saw a sign that let me know a rest stop was a mile down the road. Plugging and inflating that flat in 90-100° was no fun, even in the perceived safety of a rest stop. The plugged tire held air, but thanks to Skunkwerks and Dunlop for giving me peace of mind.

IL_puncture_1_IMG_2770.jpg

IL_puncture_2_IMG_2771.jpg

IL_puncture_3_IMG_2779.jpg

Walking by the Dunlop tent I think I saw your tire with a plug in that location.

Took me two long days to get back to Northern VA. I did bake some twisty KY backroads in for today. Maybe a little too many because when I was done with that I still had 300 slab miles to do.

That's the longest trip I have ever taken. I stretched the limits of my bags and gear. Not much space left. I need bigger bags or something. And maybe a bigger fairing cause it's noisy. Or a GS....that'll create other issues.

20220616_082210.jpg

I need bigger bags or something. And maybe a bigger fairing cause it's noisy. Or a GS....that'll create other issues.

View attachment 88270

I’d suggest a big waterproof duffle across your back seat with all your dry/light stuff in it: sleeping bag, ground pad, shoes, clothes, etc. When unloading for the night this lets you lift a bunch of stuff off your bike in one fell swoop.

Ortlieb is a good product, Mosko Moto is, as well.

https://www.ortlieb.com/en_us/duffle+K1433

I’d suggest a big waterproof duffle across your back seat with all your dry/light stuff in it: sleeping bag, ground pad, shoes, clothes, etc. When unloading for the night this lets you lift a bunch of stuff off your bike in one fell swoop.

Ortlieb is a good product, Mosko Moto is, as well.

https://www.ortlieb.com/en_us/duffle+K1433

Thanks. I didn't camp this time. I do have a bag like that. I did find that every time I opened the side bags they were just too small.

I'm retired but i still do a little part time trucking work for the company i used to work for in Tupelo MS. I headed out Monday morning for Red Bay AL and three riders passed me on I22 east of Tupelo headed east. Wonder where they had been? LOL

Crossing rivers

I also crossed the rivers near Wicliffe, KY, going and coming. I thought it was really cool to see the convergence of those great rivers and to see the difference in water color and evidently turbidity.

Highway 160 from Branson to Poplar Bluff was good.

Hot riding.
dp

I also crossed the rivers near Wicliffe, KY, going and coming. I thought it was really cool to see the convergence of those great rivers and to see the difference in water color and evidently turbidity.

Highway 160 from Branson to Poplar Bluff was good.

Hot riding.
dp

I crossed in the same spot. I think you're in IL for a total of 1 mile if you don't detour.

Based on the website posts, I took 160 TO the Rally and 60 home. I made the right choice there. 60 was scenic, but businesslike. 160 was a lot of twists and turns, much better casual ride.

We went to Oark, Ar for breakfast today.
Pie lady was late to work so I did not get my coconut cream pie 🙁

20220622_094633_copy_1024x768.jpg

20220622_095122_copy_1024x768.jpg

20220622_102758_copy_1024x768.jpg

Back