• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Riding to our 50th Anniversary Rally

Made it from NoVa to Lexington KY. Never been here.
Nice roads. Some a little too twisty when you're tired and way too hot.

In the saddle from 6am to 8pm was a bit much for me.

Breakfast with a friend in Lousiville then an easier day tomorrow to Sikeston.

We left a day early from Green Bay due to the heat. Granted, we did not leave until 1630, but staying in the Madison area will make for some shorter riding days and save us from a few hours in the heat. Stay hydrated everyone, and plan your riding days according to the heat. See you in Springfield!

Headed out in the morning. About 200 miles from Lawrence, Kansas (our son's house) to the Rally gate. A couple more miles to the Best Western Coach House. We have reserved motel rooms ASAP, following the debacle at Doomsburg, PA. If the weather is good we can always cancel, but it looks like the club's propensity for hot sites continues. The forecast high for Richmond, VA on Friday is 97.

The ride in this morning, began at 84 from a town east not far from the big river’s confluence.
Arriving by noon wasn’t so bad while riding. The afternoon turned hot.
Now at 10:15pm it’s still 83, the feels like 86 with humidity.
And, a low of only 75 expected. Not exactly nice tent conditions.

I'm leaving before daylight Thursday morning from North Mississippi. It's only 400 miles so maybe i can get some miles knocked out before it gets too hot. Glad i ain't camping.

I just booked me a room and leaving my camping gear home. Having slight health issues has made me rethink roughing it this year, and I know how hot Missouri can get. Last year at Grand Falls was decent except in the day. But higher elevation has it perks.

I just booked me a room and leaving my camping gear home. Having slight health issues has made me rethink roughing it this year, and I know how hot Missouri can get. Last year at Grand Falls was decent except in the day. But higher elevation has it perks.

I reserved a room months ago and do not regret that decision. It's already 77here in KY and the sun isn't even up.

I live 90 min from next year's site. VA can be variable. I hope it's not.like this next year.

Well of course i decided to go ahead and put those Dunlop Roadsmart 3's on at the last minute. Got to thinking it was going to be terribly hot and i figured it would be better to ride on new tires. Got to stop in Memphis at Cycle Gear and pick up a hydration vest in the morning when i go through. That thing is going to be a life saver..

Made it

We made it safely from the Sandlapper state! Not a bad second day on the road. It’s funny how 94 degrees felt “cool” :stick:rofl

We saw lots of beemers on the way! Super siked for my first rally

Nice ride today from Hermann to Eminence, Mo. on hwy 19.
High of 94 F.
Alley Spring west of Eminence.
20220615_115104_copy_1024x768.jpg

20220615_114358_copy_1024x768.jpg

Cooling off at Bendavis on hwy 38.
20220615_132211_copy_1024x768.jpg

Back