• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Riding to our 50th Anniversary Rally

Thanks ..it looks like crossing from KY to MO through IL is only a couple of miles. So maybe 10 min if no stops. Right?

Negative. It's about an hour or so. Do not speed! place is trafficked by LE a lot, as noted the crime rate. Got pulled over for doing 5 over just North of Cario.

Negative. It's about an hour or so. Do not speed! place is trafficked by LE a lot, as noted the crime rate. Got pulled over for doing 5 over just North of Cario.

Sorry. I wasn't specific. I was planning to cross from Wickliff KY (US51). Looks like I'd barely touch IL that way.

Can't be more than a couple of miles.

Thanks for rhe warning on the police.

There is a nice meat market south of Heman, MO at the town of Swiss, MO. However they probably don't open until 10 AM or so.
Hwy 19 is a fun road.

Sorry. I wasn't specific. I was planning to cross from Wickliff KY (US51). Looks like I'd barely touch IL that way.

The overlook I mentioned is approx 3/4 mile south of Wickliff and called Fort Jefferson Hill Park.
You can see both the Mississippi and Ohio River bridges from this spot.

Crossing at Wickliff is ok. Cairo is ok to go thru in the day. There are no services to be had there. Sorry little town that has long since passed its glory. At one time it must have been a nice river town.

Already a lot of BMW's southbound on the Avenue of the Saints in Missouri and Iowa. Hwy's 61 and 27. Getting eager to hit the road Wednesday bright and early.

Just a little north of Cairo is the booming metropolis of Future City. If like Cairo you will love Future City. It’s so far into the future you can’t see it.:laugh
Enjoy your trip across my home state of Misery and the Missouri Ozarks. Some great back roads to be had.

Looking forward to it. Gonna try for kickstand up at 0600

Same. Packing tomorrow to a friends house, then onwards to Springfield.

Same here. Gonna hit the Avenue tomorrow somewhat late (Leaving Milwaukee around noon). Gonna post up in Jeff City and hit the rally via twistys first thing Thursday am. Anyone is welcome to join. Here is the GPX from Jeff City to Springfield

Attachments

• Jeff City to MOA Rally.gpx
    193.1 KB · Views: 2
Joplin to Springfield, think my oil will even get warmed up properly? I can take the long way highway 90, 86 and 76.

I injured my knee Monday, of course. So I may drive if it is still sore.

I am going home each night, gonna sleep in my bed so I do not make the knee worse trying to sleep in a tent.

I have my whirlpool tub for extra treatment.

I was looking forward to camping, but that can not happen with the walking I will be doing. see you all there.

Rod

Back