• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Coming to the USA May from Australia

Matt - it would help if you shared your likes and dislikes, things you are hoping to see and things you hope to avoid. Given that information the collective could help tailor your route

Pete

Idaho has some really great roads. Swing by the Theodore Roosevelt National Park when you head East out of there. Hwy 2 makes an interesting ride across the top of America, but there is a gravel road that parallels it and the Canadian border that I rode for hundreds of miles. In Missouri, if you need a place to stay, I'm less than an hour from the rally and have fishing, shooting, on and off-road riding opportunities and a place to stay. I'm also working out of Virginia and right along the border is a loop of Hwy 33, West Virginia 28 and Virginia 250 that is unbeatable and on par with or better than the Tail of the Dragon in North Carolina. Which, you should ride just to say you did it. :) Recommend you do it on a weekday though, but the crowds are neat to see on the weekends. There are some really great roads leading into it from the West out of Tennessee you should be able to find on a map. Good luck! Ride safe!

Greetings from the Tennessee River Valley which is kinda not close to the Bigger Valleys out west.

We do offer tourists a few sights worth the effort should circumstances allow;
Barbers’ has two buildings full of Kooool Vintage Vehicles of all variety. :brow
https://www.barbermuseum.org

And we have the biggest Space Museum in the Universe right here in Rocket City...
https://www.rocketcenter.com

The Gulf shore doesn’t suck much at all...
https://www.orangebeachal.gov

Enjoy your excursions out west where the highways are longer and lonelier... Southern Utah is the Bestest scenery IMHO...
https://www.utahscanyoncountry.com/Monument-Valley-Oljato

Happy Trails whenever U can - Ciao!
HSV-Karen & HSV-Phil
USN-Ret'd —-&-— USAF-Ret’d

'09 650GS-twin — '14 K-GT
'82 R100CS ——— '75 R90S
'16 R1200RS —-— ’05 Vespa 200L
:beer

Idaho has some really great roads. Swing by the Theodore Roosevelt National Park when you head East out of there. Hwy 2 makes an interesting ride across the top of America, but there is a gravel road that parallels it and the Canadian border that I rode for hundreds of miles. In Missouri, if you need a place to stay, I'm less than an hour from the rally and have fishing, shooting, on and off-road riding opportunities and a place to stay. I'm also working out of Virginia and right along the border is a loop of Hwy 33, West Virginia 28 and Virginia 250 that is unbeatable and on par with or better than the Tail of the Dragon in North Carolina. Which, you should ride just to say you did it. :) Recommend you do it on a weekday though, but the crowds are neat to see on the weekends. There are some really great roads leading into it from the West out of Tennessee you should be able to find on a map. Good luck! Ride safe!

Thanks Mate!

Welcome mattyg! Hope you have a great time while you are here in the states and will share some pics of your adventures.

Please keep us (the Forum) updated on your locations and intended next adventures. I am positive that you can get much good advice and help from the locals as you go. And if you have problems an SOS here will get help headed your way.

Please keep us (the Forum) updated on your locations and intended next adventures. I am positive that you can get much good advice and help from the locals as you go. And if you have problems an SOS here will get help headed your way.

For sure, I arrive next Tuesday. Looking forward to it!!

Back