• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Auxiliary Lighting Wiring

Hello all. I have a K1300GT that had PIAA 1100 lights. One of them went bad and I replace them with the 1100p. Since they have the same draw I was going to use the same switch and just wire in the lights. My problem is the old 1100 had two wires on the left side, and 3 on the right light (red, green, and black). The new 1100p has only two wires (white and black) on both lights. What do I do with the extra wire on the right side wire?

Do you have a light or LED indicator showing when the lights are powered on? I’d trace the extra wire and see where it goes…

Best,
DeVern

It does have a lighted switch. Can I either combine the wire for the lighted switch with the other power wire or ignore that wire and give up the light in the switch? Or do I have to tear it apart and put the other switch in? I just liked the push button lighted switch over the unlighted toggle switch that came with the new lights

It does have a lighted switch. Can I either combine the wire for the lighted switch with the other power wire or ignore that wire and give up the light in the switch? Or do I have to tear it apart and put the other switch in? I just liked the push button lighted switch over the unlighted toggle switch that came with the new lights

The issue would be limiting current to the switch LED so it doesn’t burn out. PIAA may have built that into the light housing; you could open up the old housing and see where the 3rd wire is connected. I doubt the two wires are simply paired inside the light shell; there’s most likely a control board or pod built inside the light housing.

Best,
DeVern

The switch is a sealed unit. I'll hook them up and see if the lights work without the third wire. I don't really care about the light function in the switch, since the new switch isn't lighted anyway.

Back