• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Invisigard

H

Harrington

I'm considering getting an Invisigard paint protection kit for the 12RT. I'm curious to know if anybody else has done it already.

I have installed it onto cars before and the fenders of a trike, and it works very well if it is the genuine product as it has a real cushioning effect. The only downside is that if you have sharp gravel in your part of the world it is not going to be long before the film looks beaten and peppered. Better that than the paint though eh? It is easy on and off for replacement.

Thanks for the info. They had a set for the RT on Ebay. The auction closed and I'm waiting for the next one. Invisigard wants $240 at their site. The Ebay auction was listed about $205.

Harrington said:
Thanks for the info. They had a set for the RT on Ebay. The auction closed and I'm waiting for the next one. Invisigard wants $240 at their site. The Ebay auction was listed about $205.

If you have an Exacto knife, just buy a car kit from 3M and then cut some shapes out of the film roll. It is much cheaper to buy that way than for bikes pre-cut. if you are concerned just make some templates first out of thin paper and then trace onto the film.

InvisiGard question

InvisiGard question:

Hey all. I learned that the paint on my recently acquired 2018 BMW RT is covered with a product called InvisiGard. I enjoy detailing my bikes and spend a good deal of time in the garage playing on the bikes. I have never had this product on any of my vehicles before. How do you care for it? Do you have any advice?

Thanks,
Chris

$200???

I just bought a roll of 3M 8 mil Clearmask on Amazon for $30. Tricky to install but once you get the hang of it not bad. I put it on my headlight and tank, cut with a paper template I made. For the bags you would need thinner stuff to work it around the curves, but I like this on the headlight to take on flying rocks. Pretty much invisible on the headlight unless you are looking for it. On the tank it is more visible but not obtrusively so. Prevents wear from my magnetic tank bag contacts and road grime.
P5240225.jpgP5240227.jpgP5240226.jpg

Back