• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Fairground Access

RPGR90s

Just wondering if the Springfield rally will be open to riding on the entire site.

I remember the Hamburg, NY rally, where you couldn't ride your bike near the buildings/beer garden and other venues.

Thanks,
RPGR90s

While I cannot speak officially concerning Springfield… my experience tells me “no”.
Not the entire 75+ acres.
Remember, there is a cost involved for the interior square footage that meets our needs, and for the actual
common space/acreage required for the event. While the facility itself may not have other “events” operating
simultaneously with ours, the Fairgrounds may have zones not conducive to motorcycle activity nearby/within.
Like last year in Great Falls; the horse stables area was restricted from our access, as there were horses boarded.
Plus as always, there’s potential issues as related to liability on the property itself.
A rider out somewhere remote and going down unseen and injuring themselves…
sure makes our Safety Committee uncomfortable to think about.

John Lang
MOA Member

Last edited:
While I cannot speak officially concerning Springfield, yet… my experience tells me “no”.
Not the entire 75+ acres.
Remember, there is a cost involved for the interior square footage that meets our needs, and for the actual
common space/acreage required for the event. While the facility itself may not have other “events” operating
simultaneously with ours, the Fairgrounds may have zones not conducive to motorcycle activity nearby/within.
Like last year in Great Falls; the horse stables area was restricted from our access, as there were horses boarded.
Plus as always, there’s potential issues as related to liability on the property itself.
A rider out somewhere remote and going down unseen and injuring themselves…
sure makes our Safety Committee uncomfortable to think about.

John Lang
Safety Committee Team Member

Thanks John,

Just wondering if the Springfield rally will be open to riding on the entire site.

I remember the Hamburg, NY rally, where you couldn't ride your bike near the buildings/beer garden and other venues.

Thanks,
RPGR90s

Good question! If you look at the site from Google Maps (https://www.google.com/maps/@37.2534075,-93.3018195,659m/data=!3m1!1e3) we have rented then entire site (as defined by Norton Rd, N Farm Rd 151, and Zoo Park Rd in the photo below). The "road" you see just below (south of) the two big Expo buildings from where it ends at the parking lot on the left to were it dips south past the row of small building (food vendors) will be pedestrian only. That area will have all the food vendors, all outdoor vendors, the beer garden and the stage. There will be a few other areas blocked off for rider training and other purposes, but for the most part the rest of the site will be bike accessible by following the road/paths you see in the photo.

We have plans to make available all usable grass camping area, but please note that the site is fairly rolling - not flat as it looks from the Google Maps view. That means that some areas are better for camping that others, but even with that consideration, we think there should be sufficient camping for our expected attendance.

Attachments

• Ozark Empire Fair Grounds.png
    Ozark Empire Fair Grounds.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 325
I usually attend the fair and the car club swap meet every year, there will be plenty of room. Shade may be in short supply so come early. There are a lot of trees, I just hope we have that big a turnout.

So many good roads, Eureka Springs, OARK cafe, Branson, Roaring River, the suspension bridge at Beaver, Push Mountain road, the Peel Ferry, Mount Magazine, on and on and on. I will see if I can find my Joplin tornado book and you can ride over there and see the difference. There should be something to get you happy and keep you that way, if not then there is always the beer garden, and a winery where you can get local vintages.

Rod

What about motorcycle parking?

First rally. Not camping out but staying in a hotel. Will there be places to park the bike at the fairgrounds?
Thanks.

I sleep with my head elevated. The gently rolling allows me to pick a site that is inclined just like home. ZZZZZ

Rod

I usually attend the fair and the car club swap meet every year, there will be plenty of room. Shade may be in short supply so come early. There are a lot of trees, I just hope we have that big a turnout.

So many good roads, Eureka Springs, OARK cafe, Branson, Roaring River, the suspension bridge at Beaver, Push Mountain road, the Peel Ferry, Mount Magazine, on and on and on. I will see if I can find my Joplin tornado book and you can ride over there and see the difference. There should be something to get you happy and keep you that way, if not then there is always the beer garden, and a winery where you can get local vintages.

Rod
Thanks for the list. While doing a bit of online research about Branson, I wondered if some of us could pick up some riding tips from this event :)
https://www.explorebranson.com/even...ompetition-national-law-enforcement-week/4314

So many good roads, Eureka Springs, OARK cafe, Branson, Roaring River, the suspension bridge at Beaver, Push Mountain road, the Peel Ferry, Mount Magazine, on and on and on.

Rod

The natural spring fed fish hatchery at Roaring River State Park is interesting and it's close to the Beaver Bridge.

Roaring River SP (1).JPG

Roaring River SP (4).JPG

Roaring River SP (6).JPG

They recently replaced the wood deck on the bridge.
20171017_114811.jpg

There's a old store by the bridge but it's been closed the times we've been there.
20171017_115559.jpg

Last edited:
This probably needs a new thread, but since it got headed in this direction already . . . . Is there a collection of ride routes to POIs surrounding Springfield for all-day, 1/2 day, or a couple hour loops from Springfield? Not looking for super long distances. We just did that to get there and want to spend time enjoying the rally site too.

Ragtoplvr said: "So many good roads, Eureka Springs, OARK cafe, Branson, Roaring River, the suspension bridge at Beaver, Push Mountain road, the Peel Ferry, Mount Magazine, on and on and on."

Lee mentioned a neat Spring.

Many of us from out of state are not familiar with the area at all and don't have time to do a lot of research.

Rally Site Map

All, a bit off-topic for this specific thread, but I've attached a copy of the Rally Site Map. This is what will be in your Rally Program.

Attachments

• 2022RallyFoldOutMap (002).pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 42
This probably needs a new thread, but since it got headed in this direction already . . . . Is there a collection of ride routes to POIs surrounding Springfield for all-day, 1/2 day, or a couple hour loops from Springfield?

Here is one I whipped together right quick, 170 miles through the squiggliest roads I could spot on the map, with a minimum of slab. I have not ridden this, so no guarantees.

If you use the drop-down menu on the upper right, and select "Map" you get a better view of all the road numbers.

<iframe src="https://ridewithgps.com/embeds?type=route&id=39573377&sampleGraph=true" style="width: 1px; min-width: 100%; height: 1000px; border: none;" scrolling="no"></iframe>

This probably needs a new thread, but since it got headed in this direction already . . . . Is there a collection of ride routes to POIs surrounding Springfield for all-day, 1/2 day, or a couple hour loops from Springfield? Not looking for super long distances. We just did that to get there and want to spend time enjoying the rally site too.

Ragtoplvr said: "So many good roads, Eureka Springs, OARK cafe, Branson, Roaring River, the suspension bridge at Beaver, Push Mountain road, the Peel Ferry, Mount Magazine, on and on and on."

Lee mentioned a neat Spring.

Many of us from out of state are not familiar with the area at all and don't have time to do a lot of research.

There will be a booth at the rally with information about the local area.

By the time we reach the rally site after 16 days of travel my furry navigator and I will probably want to relax a bit. No day rides planned for us. But attached is a screenshot giving others a rough idea of our route through northern Arkansas. Food for day trip thought. Once there, of course, detours linked to locals' advice or me pouring over Butler Maps are likely to occur. I rarely stick to a plan.

I've also learned that following cars with whitewater kayaks on top is a good way to find interesting scenery.

Screen Shot 2022-05-27 at 7.26.43 AM.png

Back