• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

No sound...

This OP is not offended at all. I can remember when one could just turn the on/off dial and the radio came right on. Plus just by continuing to turn that dial the volume would increase. Oh but those were simpler days but of course not as many sources to listen to. Good luck with your quest.

I'm not going ask my dealer that at this time, if you like call your dealer and ask what the replacement part is. I also don't know if it's mounted in a different location.

The dealership installed the replacement antenna yesterday. It's not much of a replacement, it's the old antenna used earlier part #65218521436. I don't have the part number from the one delivered with the bike and I can't find it since the parts microfiche hasn't been updated in at least a couple of years. I was told this one is larger in size and mounted in the same location. It made a difference but still not good reception, it does fad out then come back. I'm going to let my dealer know this fix didn't work.

The dealership installed the replacement antenna yesterday. It's not much of a replacement, it's the old antenna used earlier part #65218521436. I don't have the part number from the one delivered with the bike and I can't find it since the parts microfiche hasn't been updated in at least a couple of years. I was told this one is larger in size and mounted in the same location. It made a difference but still not good reception, it does fad out then come back. I'm going to let my dealer know this fix didn't work.

Sorry to hear that. I've given up on BMW regarding the antenna...one I installed works fine. It cost me $30.00, which is what it would cost me in gas alone for a round trip visit to the dealer to get a "new" antenna, which apparently isn't as functional as my Amazon version. Also, I'm still trying to get BMW to give me the full 12 months of XM I purchased (as part of the bike purchase), but that isn't going any better...so far they are allowing me 5 months. Seems rather poor of them considering they market as the all caring Ultimate/Unstoppable/Make Life a Ride folks who continually come up short when it comes to Customer Service. Rant off.

I finely was able to take a trip on my 2022R1250RT after having total hip replacement 7/14. It had limited my riding since I got the bike the end of March. The above report was based on my ride home from the dealership, any reception problems I had I now believe to be on Sirius/XM and not the replacement antenna, Sirius/XM has dead areas in their service. I took a weekend ride over 600 sMiles without loss of signal, this has also is true on my local rides, I live in a rural area. The replacement antenna is part #65218521436.

Back