• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

$$$$. Fuel

ramble

ohbeemer
Spring is here, paid $4.14 today for fuel in WV. So enjoying the scenery and eating at Taco _ell. Picnics sounding more likely beside the bike, singing birds and spring peepers.

We’re around $6.40 for a regular US gallon. Our prices are fluctuating between $1.57 to $1.62 a litre, with an increase forecasted. :cry

Last edited:
$376.9 here last night. I normally fill at half but will start filling up at three-quarters, if I’m in the area of my usual fillin’ station.
OM

We're past $5 per gal, not including the Tru-Fuel that I sometimes add to make up for the swill they give us.

Predicted $2.00/l in Canada at the beginning of April.

Joe Trudeau will account for $0.35 of that with his carbon tax gouge.

Home heating bill increased 40% from last year. Carbon tax again.

I filled up my car yesterday with regular @$1.69 per litre. Premium was $1.91 per litre. 😲
Any excuse is good to raise fuel prices. 😡

Hasn't really hit New Hampshire but probably will see. $3.29 for regular which is what it was a year ago and $3.75 for diesel. Our investment in solar panels and full re-do of insulation of our place in 2016 is paying off. We use 250 gallons of propane a year and power is all on our panels so any increase in KWH of electricity we don't see. My propane guy told me I use the least propane of any other customer even 2nd homes. So we're pretty immune for now. The truck gets 29MPG, car gets 40 so we're just gonna have to drive a bit less.

Today, $1.66.7/litre in SW Ontario. Multiply that by four to calculate the cost of an American gallon, north of $6.60. 😰

4.17 for premium for the motor yesterday in the valley of the sun.

Picked up a friend in Tuscon last Friday, gas we 20 cents cheaper there down near the border [ and closer to the pipeline that comes in from Texas

Van Horn, Texas on I-10. I just saw diesel at $4.69 / gallon. Gas in El Paso was $3.57.

Needed to fill the truck today, saw 3.69-4.39 for diesel. $100 for 23 gallons then found the $3.69 :banghead
I see a summer of motorcycle use for most travel and errands as average of five gallons isn’t as painful.
After growing up near many gasoline refineries on TX Gulf Coast (and working for Exxon HQ printing many internal documents in 70’s), really doesn’t keep prices lower with world market and selling on open market. I bought first diesel in 2000 when diesel was $1.09 before Desert Storm…hasn’t been lower than mid grade gas since.
You can drill more here but no guarantees it stays here.

E10 regular is $3.40 in Creston Iowa. It was $2.00 fall of 2020.
Diesel is $3.90
North of us on I-80, regular is $3.50 and diesel is $4.00.

Last edited:
Where we lived in Alaska we were ten miles from the Trans-Alaska Pipeline and it supplied a refinery about 30 miles south of us. It would seem a situation that would result in cheap gas, diesel and heating oil, but not so. We regularly paid $0.50 more per gallon then was being charged in Seattle. The head of the refinery was on a local radio program and was asked why the prices were so high. He responded that the local people should feel lucky they weren’t being charged more since the refinery was the only source around for fuel.

Back