• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

The KS at 10K Feet, Spring in the Rockies (1024x Images)

sfarson

Not much of a ride report per se, but some scenery pics. Finally got around to taking the KS over nearby Kenosha Pass for some images. Here's the south side of the Pass, looking to the SW, with a spur of the Mosquito Range in the distance. South Park is below...
ksken1024.jpg

Pausing the KS closer to the Mosquito Range peaks. Here's 13,370ft. Mt. Guyot. Once climbed it by ascending the ridge on the right.
ksguyot1024.jpg

Nearby is the higher 13,684ft. Bald Mountain. Was a little artsy here and went low for the pic...
ksbald1024.jpg

Down the road several miles is a good view of 13,822ft. Mt. Silverheels. There's an interesting story how this peak was named. Can find an account here: http://everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=1788771
kssilver1024.jpg

From here, headed to a gourmet lunch at the lonely Jefferson Market, in Jefferson (Pop 35?). BUT, along the way, a herd of pronghorn antelope finding the first shoots of green grass...
pronghorn1024.jpg

And why not a map of the preceding. Denver is to the upper right...
jeffmap.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty sweet ride. Did you trade the GS or keep it? The antelope seem impressed. Can't wait for some video. . . .

SNC1923 said:
Pretty sweet ride. Did you trade the GS or keep it? The antelope seem impressed. Can't wait for some video. . . .

Was a sweet ride Tom, everyone. Was going to take pics at one other place, but the howling wind had me too hesitant. At the Silverheels location I stood by the bike for awhile to make sure it would not blow over, then dashed 25 feet away and took the pic.

Traded a Buell and a Triumph for the KS. Miss them both but the KS more than makes up. :nod Consolidating the horses in the barn.

Did record a ride taking the KS up Bear Creek Canyon to a lunch in Evergreen. The canyon is sandy, the temps are cold, but still had fun...

KS Lunch Ride - Bear Creek Canyon - Streaming Video

Other vids to come! Riding season here and no longer after to fear freezing the gear! :laugh

I was going to skip over this post until I saw the name Farson, I then linked it in my mind to that great video you did on IBEWM (the J. Cash Video)

All I have to say is your pics are as great as your video.

Keep it up !!! :)

Colt03 said:
I was going to skip over this post until I saw the name Farson, I then linked it in my mind to that great video you did on IBEWM (the J. Cash Video)

All I have to say is your pics are as great as your video.

Keep it up !!! :)

Craig, Thanks much. Maybe someone placed the vid at IBEWM? Not familiar with this site but I know the video was copied all over the place. Regardless, appreciate the note and good riding in 2006.

Steve

Responding to a video request at another forum to these South Park images, here's some onboard video links to GS rides in the area. If an interest...

This video goes over Boreas Pass, from Como to Breckenridge. See map above, and note the faint yellow line south of Bald Mountain. The road is on the old narrow gauge train bed shut down in '37...
http://www.farson.com/video/gsboreas.wmv

Then there is one from last January on a crisp day riding the Tarryall Rd. SE out of Jefferson. Time has not changed this road. Old mining ghost towns and homesteads. Will also see the Jefferson Market where I had lunch from the report above...
http://www.farson.com/video/gstarry.wmv

Here's a ride to the alpine Jefferson Lake. Not seen on the map above but there is a forest road leading NE to the Continental Divide out of Jefferson and below it is a deep blue snow fed lake...
http://www.farson.com/video/gsjefflake.wmv

Back