• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

BMW Club of NorCal 50th year of the 49er Rally

kevmc

The BMW Club of Northern California invites all MOA members to the 50th annual 49er Rally at the Plumas County Fairgrounds in Quincy, CA Memorial Day weekend May 26 to May 30th. We have a great rally planned including a GS Giants Challenge Course, a Skills Course, Poker runs, prizes, speakers, vendors and training. Rawhyde Adventures is providing outstanding off road training combined with guided off road rides. We are also offering an accident scene managment training program to help you prepare in the event of an accident. Consider applying for a Paul B scholarship for these classes. We also have great speakers and vendors including the Mosko Moto trailer and Ruby Lights with more to come. Check out 49errally.org for more information and registration.

niners22.jpg

I'm looking forward to this! It's been ages since I was in Quincy, but I have some good memories of past rallies there. Not that I dislike Mariposa, but this will be an easier ride for me -- gettin' no younger....

day use fee

I sent an e-mail, but for those familiar with such events, Do they allow someone to just pay an afternoon gate fee just to wander around at vendor tables and and grab a hot dog and a beer then go home. I live 1/2 hour from the fairgrounds. Don't want to camp stay for dinner etc.

The 49er ad from 50 years ago….

It hasn’t changed all that much! :ha

i-8SSQQXn-XL.jpg

ps -> Thank you NorCal club for your support of the GS Giants! :thumb

49er updates and early bird pricing

Lots of updates for our 50th year of the 49er to share.

Our early bird pricing for the 49er ends April 30th so don’t delay. Everyone that registers before April 30 will get a super cool BMW MOA compression sack perfect for packing your sleeping bag thanks to the generous sponsorship of the BMW MOA. Plus, if you are not a member of the MOA, you will also get a coupon good for a 1-year membership!

A&S Cycles has really stepped up and sponsored our Saturday Banquet. We will be serving a delicious dinner of tri tip smoked on site plus lots of fixings. It’s sure to be an outstanding dinner followed up with excellent entertainment in our beer garden from EandO Medicine Show and Tony and the Tuff Times Blues Band.

We plan to serve beer from Firestone Brewery, Dustbowl, Great Basin and Deschutes. New this year we have been able to get our hands on some dark beer so we will be serving Deschutes Black Butte Porter after many requests for a dark beer!

Just added on our speaker list is Chad Warner who will present his epic story of riding all 10 BDRs in 2021 Friday before dinner. He has become quite the legend in the GS community and his story and messages inspiring! Plus don’t miss Helge Pederson presenting a Multimedia Show that he calls “40 Years on 2 wheels”. Stories from riding his BMW GS bikes to more than 100 countries and a million miles.

Our off-road training courses are filling up so if you are interested in developing your off-road skills to the next level check out our intro and intermediate classes available Friday and Saturday.

Lastly a big shout out to Russ Brown Motorcycle Attorney for their generous sponsorship of the event. Check out all the vendors and sponsors on our website and sign up for the best rally in the west

Yep, riders have heard-tell of this 2022 50th Calle-fornia NORCAL 49'er Rally.

It's been said, she's the "Best Rally in the West"
"This event has been going on for the last 49 years with only 2 interruptions…and it just keeps getting better".

And since I'ma gonna eat supper somewhere Saturday May 28th; figurin I'll join ya.
Registration complete.

In fact, plan for three out-riders in our posse from back East and way down South.
Don't know if'n that'll get'cha much closer to 1989's 1,400 folks mark of record attendance... but it's three closer.

Last edited:
Yep, riders have heard-tell of this 2022 50th Calle-fornia NORCAL 49'er Rally.

Don't know if'n that'll get'cha much closer to 1989's 1,400 folks mark of record attendance... but it's three closer.

Make that four more. I completed my reg. too. I wanted to be sure I got the early bird deal, but I shouldn't have given it any concern. I see the reg deadline has been extended a bit. Folks are probably still on the fence.
I wonder if part of that is the absence of any reference (I could find) to sars/covid-19 protocols at the event. Vaccinations needed? what docs required? Who calls the shots for that in Quincy? Is it a county thing?

We are expecting between 500 and 550 attendees this year which is a 40 plus percent increase from recent times. Early bird pricing will end may 5th. We are also planning meals based on attendance at that time some of you want a guaranteed meal on Saturday please register by then. Also we are placing the tshirt order on May 6th and won’t have many extra shirts so if you want a shirt please register before then.

Make that four more. I completed my reg. too. I wanted to be sure I got the early bird deal, but I shouldn't have given it any concern. I see the reg deadline has been extended a bit. Folks are probably still on the fence.
I wonder if part of that is the absence of any reference (I could find) to sars/covid-19 protocols at the event. Vaccinations needed? what docs required? Who calls the shots for that in Quincy? Is it a county thing?

2 weekt to gu

Lots going on at BMW NorCal finalizing the plans for the Rally. We just posted the Seminar schedule and have a great group of speakers. Check out the Schedule and see you in two weeks.

Back