• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

vendor warning....HID conversion kits

Usually I am a reasonable consumer, but I am compelled to share the experience with misterjung.com, another source for HID coversion kits. I originially ordered a high and low conversion kit, based on johnnydanger's experience. This was on the 9th of August. I made a couple attempts to communicate, requesting a ETA. Nothing. Then one day a package arrives. Great, I am excited. As previously posted the install was simple but it appeared I had two defective ballasts, not bulbs. Concerned about the return process. I set back just the ballasts and the required paperwork from the site. Alan actually responded to me this time. The ballasts were overnighted on the 19th, arrived, verified delivery on the 20th, and now nothing. No replies to email, etc. Alan operates out of a location not too far from me and I have even offered to drive to pick up the replacement ballasts, nothing. So I feel obligated to warn you all and that I am now pursuing a refund. I may have to have my credit card force the refund as Alan does not appear interested in communcating about this matter.

Fair warning to all. What has added to my concern, as I am dependent on my bike as a primary means of transport, the last thing I need is a ballast or bulb to go out and I be unable to timely obtain a replacement. I know plenty of riders that have ridden for years with them. Still inclined to make the swap, but concern of replacement parts, particularly since the NHTSA is now investigating the conversion kits and vendors are steering away from selling them.

repoe3

Repoe,

This problem MIGHT be that he can not GET the ballasts. The DOT has issued an order prohibiting the sale of retrofitted HID lamp kits. The supply is drying up quickly.

Greg

that may be...

but he does not return my emails (he has once before). i just want my money back, end of story, and that appears to be a challenge.

repoe3

Back