• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2022 BMW MOA Grand Coddiwomple Thread

Here's the text of the challenge.

For this challenge, provide photographic proof of visit to one historic route US 66 sign for each state that Route 66 traversed. The photo must include both the historic sign and the state identifier for your submission to be accepted.

That sign doesn't meet the requirements of the challenge. I'm sure texas has them, you just need to wander farther to find one.

I found this in Springfield and it was accepted. I'm guessing this is what they are after. I just happened to ride by it.

IMG_4788.jpg

Here's the text of the challenge.

For this challenge, provide photographic proof of visit to one historic route US 66 sign for each state that Route 66 traversed. The photo must include both the historic sign and the state identifier for your submission to be accepted.

That sign doesn't meet the requirements of the challenge. I'm sure texas has them, you just need to wander farther to find one.

I'd submit that for the "The Other Roads Named 66 Challenge". Should be an easy 50 points!

Rich

One Titan Away

This Coddiwomple was my first and it has been enjoyable. I completed the Wander Farther Challenge in May and have added points since then. Initially I had hoped to get out for a multiple day ride this summer but it just didn't happen. Regardless, my day rides have ample opportunity to log points. Beyond just qualifying, I have focused on keeping within counties that connect with Imperial County so I have Imperial, San Diego, Riverside, and Yuma Counties to select from, as well as Baja California if I so choose. Secondly, my total points to earn will be 1250 to match the bike I have ridden for the Coddiwomple, my 2021R1250RS.

Right now I am 50 points away from my personal goal. This is good since I return to work next week (8/3, I'm a teacher) and going after a bunch of points between now and the end of October would not have been as easy as during the summer months. I am quite satisfied will completing and reaching my personal number for the year. I will get back to my other day rides that have a focus on locations within song lyrics and other dumb things like "I see London, I see France," by riding to Lake Havasu for the London Bridge and then to Felicity for some steps from the Eiffel Tower.

Here is my 1200th point picture:

Joor.jpg

1250 Points

I completed my confirmed 1250 points goal. I am done submitting pictures for this year's event. Now I will be back to traveling in a purposeful manner towards even more vague destinations.

When and where will we be able to see the results of the 2022 Grand Coddiwomple contest ??

Considering that the event only ended less than 48 hours ago, I'm going to guess that it will be several weeks for review and verification of submissions, and the tallying of points. It's my understanding that the Coddiwomple volunteer team is well ahead of where they were last year, but I can't speak to when this year will be done. I do know that there is a 45 day lead time for publication in the Owners News.

Back