Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 2022 BMW MOA Grand Coddiwomple Thread

I didn't say sneaky, I said "not-obvious". Every other page is linked in the first page text, except this one. The menu is not easy to see - especially on a mobile device.

And emails can be easy to miss.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RPGR90s View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but there's a Rider Scoring Application?
    Yep. This year there's a scoring application. It's all explained on the Coddiwomple Photo Submissions Info page:
    https://www.bmwmoa.org/general/custo...ge=coddiphotos

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mblotzer View Post
    Yep. This year there's a scoring application. It's all explained on the Coddiwomple Photo Submissions Info page:
    https://www.bmwmoa.org/general/custo...ge=coddiphotos

Mike
    Thanks very much

Wande Farthe

I'm just missing 2 R's to complete the Wander Farther for this year's Coddiwample. I hope to knock them out tomorrow. I have made this a completely southern California challenge and define "southern" very strictly. I am only using San Diego and Imperial Counties as they are the southernmost counties in the state. Riverside and LA do not count.

I originally thought of doing the entire term in one day but decided to bump it out to be within April. It's been fun so far.

Quote Originally Posted by ttacke View Post
    I'm just missing 2 R's to complete the Wander Farther for this year's Coddiwample. I hope to knock them out tomorrow. I have made this a completely southern California challenge and define "southern" very strictly. I am only using San Diego and Imperial Counties as they are the southernmost counties in the state. Riverside and LA do not count.

I originally thought of doing the entire term in one day but decided to bump it out to be within April. It's been fun so far.
    If one of your Rs is in Ramona, It would be a short side trip to Dudley’s Bakery in Santa Ysabel. Really good Bear Claws
    And Cheese Pockets. A little further in Julian is Moms Cafe, with homemade Apple Pie.
    And it all conforms to your strictly southern counties.
    Carl S.
    BMWMOA #11500

Quote Originally Posted by cjcs View Post
    If one of your Rs is in Ramona, It would be a short side trip to Dudley’s Bakery in Santa Ysabel. Really good Bear Claws
    And Cheese Pockets. A little further in Julian is Moms Cafe, with homemade Apple Pie.
    And it all conforms to your strictly southern counties.
    I usually get a turnover or something in Wynola but I might try Dudley's this trip.

Be careful now with your submissions. My Wander Farther Gold was rejected because military installations are not places and City Hall signs are not accepted either but the city limits sign is? I understand the greater restrictions for Platinum but not Gold.

Quote Originally Posted by 60aviator View Post
    Be careful now with your submissions. My Wander Farther Gold was rejected because military installations are not places and City Hall signs are not accepted either but the city limits sign is? I understand the greater restrictions for Platinum but not Gold.
    I am hoping my submission for the Wander Farther Gold is accepted but I did use a picture from my hometown's water tank. I forgot to go to the Post Office.

Are you able to easily resubmit if rejected?

Yesterday I completed the Wander Farther Challenge of the Grand Coddiwomple and logged a total on 825 miles over 4 day trips. I had originally planned on doing the complete challenge in one 410 mile day, but finding one single day to be out for its entirety wasn't happening within the time that I wanted to get it done. Besides, the purpose of the Coddiwompple is to get you “to travel in a purposeful manner towards a vague destination,” and to get out to ride and interact with people; people that will ask you what you are doing taking pictures of your bike with a number flag on it. Also, I ride my RS as a means of therapy and meditation so more short rides is way better than one long ride. Regardless, the Wander Farther Challenge is complete and was fun!

WANDER FARTHER FULL.png

I am hoping my submission for the Wander Farther Gold is accepted but I did use a picture from my hometown's water tank. I forgot to go to the Post Office.

Are you able to easily resubmit if rejected?
    Yes, I just had to submit a new one. They don't tell you which ones are rejected though.

Yes, I just had to submit a new one. They don't tell you which ones are rejected though.
    That seems odd to me. Did you mean within the submission form? Have you tried e-mailing them for clarification? Is that when they told you about the military installations and the City Hall sign?

Paul Ackerman - currently: 2017 R1200 GS
    MOA / BMWMCC / LRLR - http://lrlr.org/

Nothing is foolproof to the sufficiently talented fool

Clarification

Wander Farther Gold rejected again! This time I asked in my submission for clarification and I got it. They are being real sticklers this time for some reason as I don't know why as this is for fun and not money. So if it says "Place" in the challenge that is all they will accept then you must have one of exact items in "Proof of visit". No leeway or common sense like last year, I guess I got spoiled last year. Still don't understand the crackdown, must have been something from last year. At this point not sure I want to continue as it is getting aggravating.

Wander Farther Gold rejected again! This time I asked in my submission for clarification and I got it. They are being real sticklers this time for some reason as I don't know why as this is for fun and not money. So if it says "Place" in the challenge that is all they will accept then you must have one of exact items in "Proof of visit". No leeway or common sense like last year, I guess I got spoiled last year. Still don't understand the crackdown, must have been something from last year. At this point not sure I want to continue as it is getting aggravating.
    What is it in your rejected photos that the judges say is missing? The rules seem pretty clear.
    Maybe you could post one of the rejected photos.
    Carl S.
    BMWMOA #11500

Quote Originally Posted by cjcs View Post
    What is it in your rejected photos that the judges say is missing? The rules seem pretty clear.
    Maybe you could post one of the rejected photos.
    A picture of Enterprise City Hall (Clearly marked) is a no/go since not listed as proof but a city limits sign is. Basically it has to match the list exactly as called for. Do that and you will be fine.

Rejected

Yesterday I completed the Wander Farther Challenge of the Grand Coddiwomple and logged a total on 825 miles over 4 day trips. I had originally planned on doing the complete challenge in one 410 mile day, but finding one single day to be out for its entirety wasn't happening within the time that I wanted to get it done. Besides, the purpose of the Coddiwompple is to get you “to travel in a purposeful manner towards a vague destination,” and to get out to ride and interact with people; people that will ask you what you are doing taking pictures of your bike with a number flag on it. Also, I ride my RS as a means of therapy and meditation so more short rides is way better than one long ride. Regardless, the Wander Farther Challenge is complete and was fun!

WANDER FARTHER FULL.png
    My submission was also rejected with reasoning that ports are not allowed in the contest. I have requested clarification as my submitted picture clearly shows that I am at the port in one picture. Another was judged as a border control sign. It isn't but maybe acceptable.

Oh well. I will finish soon.