• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

MOA Oilhead Count - Springfield MO Rally Attendance?

I plan on taking my 1150RT to Springfield, pending spring maintenance.
Otherwise I will drive.

We Signed up Monday for the $99 for two. Booked in at the Best Western awhile back.

Attachments

• JWR_0415.jpg
    JWR_0415.jpg
    377.2 KB · Views: 255
I'd love to ride my R1100S there but it looks like time will not allow. I may fly in for the fun.

Who's taken their Oilhead to the MOA, Springfield???

Might ride my 1995 R1100RSL with 80,800 miles to the National. People have asked if I'm afraid to ride such a high mileage bike that far. I tell them I have a r1200RT with over 101,000 miles and I'd ride either bike anywhere! Keeping up with maintenance is the secret.
DP

I'll be riding my '98 1100 (150,000 mi) so long as our borders remain open.

Attachments

• Cabot Trail.jpg
    Cabot Trail.jpg
    325.1 KB · Views: 235
4 1/2 years of my life in London that I can never get back! Damn I hated that town! Have a good ride to Springfield.

I'd love to ride one of my R1100S bikes but don't think I could do that many miles on them.

Attachments

• Ozzie's 1.jpg
    Ozzie's 1.jpg
    469.2 KB · Views: 218
And very quickly.

I've done 600 km days on mine.
IMG_3319_heic-XL.jpg

Oilhead

I plan on riding my 1994 R1100RS

29DFB37C-EB5E-4AAA-AC80-FD3C8AB858C6.jpg

It’s a 255 mile 4 hour ride from my house to the Fairgrounds in Springfield Mo. I will make it a 2 day 400 or 500 mile trip so I don’t have to put a mile on I44. I will be in the close to I44 a few times to make a few Coddiwomple stops ( Uranus Fudge Factory a couple of hamburger stops and a movie)
Should be fun

Last edited:
I can do about 250 mile days on my R1100S's but more than that is pretty fatiguing. Seeing the one way to Springfield from the farm here is 1850 miles I just wouldn't want to try. I've done long days on my other Oilhead bikes comfortably so most likely use one of them, probably my R1150R 04 which is set up for touring.
20210622_132533.jpg

Ride east and ride hard

I'll be riding my 99RT (141K) from north of Seattle to Dallas then up. Going to do a loop but most days will probably be 700-1000 miles and my bike doesn't like to go slow. :laugh This is what she looks like on this side. The other side was taken out by a deer 3 years ago and now sports a true fire flame job so it's a Jeckle and Hyde bike. :laugh 20190218_145810.jpg

Back