• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Recall for All 2019-2020 BMW K 1600s Rear Suspension

This is currently at the level of a safety recall by BMW. I wonder if it gets to the NHTSA level.

What's up with some of these German (or Chinese) subcontractors? A simple metal link - ugh!

Then there's been the leak on various 1600 fuel pumps that have been backordered for ages...

C'est la vie I guess. :eek

What's up with some of these German (or Chinese) subcontractors? A simple metal link - ugh!

Then there's been the leak on various 1600 fuel pumps that have been backordered for ages...

C'est la vie I guess. :eek

Interesting question. I suspect that it all comes down to money, and lack of quality control. You would think that BMW would want to know a little more about the quality control capabilities of its suppliers, but that does not appear to be the case.

E.

So many things nowadays are combined with outsourced parts made by companies trying to make the most money they can out of their piece of the puzzle. YO, Takata!
OM

So many things nowadays are combined with outsourced parts made by companies trying to make the most money they can out of their piece of the puzzle. YO, Takata!
OM

I completely agree with your statement, and it seems like other brands are doing a much better job effectively outsourcing than BMW. I remember the 2015 Consumer Reports survey. https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2015/04/who-makes-the-most-reliable-motorcycle/index.htm. It listed BMW in 9th place - behind Ducati, Triumph, Harley, Victory, and the big three from Japan. Yamaha is listed as #1.

Since 2015, BMW has had problems with leaking new brakes, cams going flat, TFT linking issues, fork issues - http://bmwfatalflaw.com, etc. It doesn’t seem like they’re going in the right direction. Seems like BMW should have a better product for the money spent.

E.

Since 2015, BMW has had problems with leaking new brakes, cams going flat, TFT linking issues, fork issues - http://bmwfatalflaw.com, etc. It doesn’t seem like they’re going in the right direction. Seems like BMW should have a better product for the money spent.
E.

Yes, but the good news it their final drive units don't fail like they used to!;)

Back